Message 51 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

See message 37

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 91

Go to solution

I understand that Now but it doesn't help when your ' line rental ' works from sept to sept and your broad band package runs from march to march for example. When you get to the end of your broad band package you still have six months of £19.99 to come. Which is why I thought I had paid upfront for 'line rental' I do have it sorted in my head now. When my broad band comes to an end I will ask for the outstanding 'line rental' to be returned and see how they work that one out! 😃

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 91

Go to solution

@ndg wrote:

Potty person........ simply trying to summarise the situation in everyday terms, without jargon, for people who are not experts on these matters as are others. Sarcasm does not help peoples' understanding of the situation ! 

@gg30340 is absolutely right - it was a dig at BT's sorry record in updating advice on developments. Quoting your own conclusion was intended to make that clear but my sensitivity filter obviously came up short.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 54 of 91

Go to solution

No matter how you look at it, it’s a con. My rise is £5 on a £15 BB charge. A rise of 30%. I have paid LRS but if BT trumpet a 14% rise then 16% of the rise must be on line rental.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 91

Go to solution

Someone won a refund by going to the ombudsman on this very issue. I will find a link.

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 91

Go to solution

I am also in gthe same situation.

BT are sending me a 'deadlock letter' and then say I have to refer to OFCOM.

The LSR confirmation email I received clearly states "As you've paid for your line in advance, that means you're saving money now and you won't need to pay it again for 12 months"

BT are now applying a 14.4% increase to the LRS and say Ihave to pay this increase every month from 31st March 2023.

As a result, I am 'paying it again' although only partially.

The LSR email and renwal invitation makes no mention of mid term price increases to LRS.

Sadly, I will have to follow BT's procedures and raise a complaint with OFCOM.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 91

Go to solution

The 219.84 is not payment on account for BT to give you credit every month.

The payment is for 12 months line rental. That is why it is called (by BT)' Line Rental Saver'

Indeed, the BT renewal email states 'As you've paid for your line in advance, that means you're saving money now and you won't need to pay it again for 12 months'.

If BT apply a price increase mid term and then ask you to pay that increase monthly,  you are in effect, paying it again, although only partially.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 91

Go to solution

Include me in any mass complaint! I think it stinks! I am going to move my mobile from them and possibly broadband!

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 91

Go to solution

When I spoke to the BT Agent, they immediately said they would send a 'deadlock letter' and that I should complain to OFCOM.

There was no attempt at a resolution, which makes me beleive that BT have been inundated with similar complaints about this subject.

People on these forums are saying they have received positive outcomes from the regulator, which makes me question why BT continue to direct similar customer complaints to OFCOM, which takes up the Regulators valuable time.

The intent of the LSR agreement is clear and has been for years.

0 Ratings