cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

It needs to be renamed IMO, calling it "line rental saver" just leads to ridiculous posts where people think in effect they should get money for nothing from BT. Standard line rental is now £23.05 & due to increase again at end of month yet BT are still persisting with calling it "line rental saver"

Message 62 of 91

Go to solution

Standard Line Rental doesn't apply to 'packages' of course .

I agree that the term 'Line Rental Saver' is misleading , although that is exactly how BT are selling it.

0 Ratings
Message 63 of 91

Go to solution
MJA1

I agree the wording by BT is somewhat misleading but when you get the email to mention your LRS is coming to an end it does say

"Your Line Rental Saver discount is about to end. So to keep saving for another 12 months, you need to renew it.

It costs £219.84 for 12 months, which gives you a credit of £19.99 each month."

after you have renewed LRS the confirmation from BT says

Thanks for choosing Line Rental Saver

"As you've paid for your line in advance, that means you're saving money now and you won't need to pay it again for 12 months.
etc etc
We'll give you a credit of £19.99 a month every month you've got Line Rental Saver."

So the BT email does clearly say you will get a credit every month (i.e. £19.99), you can't realy argue with that?

Until some years ago LRS emails used to say something like pay line rental in advance for 11 months and get 12 months free. This I think is when line rental was separate to the broadband cost.
0 Ratings
Message 64 of 91

Go to solution

The agreement for the LSR is made when BT indicate the cost per month for line rental is 19.99 , even though they are not supposed to seperate the price any more, they do.

The relevant statement is 'you won't need to pay it again for 12 months'.

If they then ask you to make further payments because they have increased the monthly cost ( in this case 19.99 ) by 14.4% then you are 'paying it again, when BT have said 'you won't need to'.

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 91

Go to solution

@MJA1 wrote:

The agreement for the LSR is made when BT indicate the cost per month for line rental is 19.99 , even though they are not supposed to seperate the price any more, they do. Line Rental Saver is only available if you have a landline (phone) and broadband package. see link.

BT Line Rental Saver discount | BT Help

This is because the cost of the broadband part of your package includes the cost of the line for the broadband. The line rental saver is for the landline (phone) part of the package. 

If you have a broadband only package this includes the line rental and can not be separated or paid for in advance.

The relevant statement is 'you won't need to pay it again for 12 months'.

If they then ask you to make further payments because they have increased the monthly cost ( in this case 19.99 ) by 14.4% then you are 'paying it again, when BT have said 'you won't need to'.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 91

Go to solution

I have  a landline (phone) and broadband package.

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 91

Go to solution
MJA1

On your bill or the information in your email when you set up your most recent broadband package with BT, does it show a separate cost for line rental and a separate cost forBroadband Package? My contract just says Broadband Package cost and a reduction of £19.99 for line rental saver. In other words it doesn't say anything about the cost of my line.
0 Ratings
Message 68 of 91

Go to solution

I was pointing out that your comment "BT indicate the cost per month for line rental is 19.99 , even though they are not supposed to seperate the price any more"  was not quite correct because BT do include the cost of line rental in the broadband price and it is not shown as a sperate cost.

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 91

Go to solution

The clue is in the title 'Line Rental Saver'.

BT use this same term in the renewal offer and confirmation which says 'As you've paid for your line in advance'

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 91

Go to solution

BT allocate a figure of 19.99 towards Line Rental, as part of the package.

They seperate out this figure from the BB package cost when using LRS.

0 Ratings