cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 91

Re: Line rental saver

Go to solution

God knows why they still call it line rental saver, it is a total anachronism. There is no line rental as a separate entity and if there were it has absolutely nothing to do with telephony. You need a physical line of some description whatever service you have, it doesn't arrive by magic.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 91

Go to solution

@MJA1wrote:
LRS stands for Line Rental Saver.
BT use that phrase not me.
They also say you will not have to pay for your Line Rental again if you pay LRS

It has also been pointed out several times (but you seem to be ignoring it as it goes against what you want) that it doesn't state that line rental saver means your line rental is paid for the year in the terms & conditions, it clearly states you get a 19.99 credit off your bill each month & absolutely nothoing about your line rental for the year being paid!

0 Ratings
Message 83 of 91

Go to solution

garybs29

No need to get personal.

My LRS order states "As you've paid for your line in advance, that means you're saving money now and you won't need to pay it again for 12 months"

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 91

Go to solution

I have just received a call from BT and they will be refunding the 14.4% price increase applied to the remaining term of my LRS.

0 Ratings
Message 85 of 91

Go to solution

Well done, I just moved my mobile away from them and pay as little as possible. It will all happen again next year! 

0 Ratings
Message 86 of 91

Go to solution

O2 appear to offer a good mobile sim only option.

Most of my friends use them and they appear pretty good.

I think the phone companies may be under some pressure going forwards about 'Mid term' price increases. I noticed that it was a topic on the recent Martin Lewis show , so it is unlikely to go away any time soon.

Public pressure is the best way to encourage an y change of course.

At the end of the day, they are under no obligation to increase prices by CPI + 3.9%

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 91

Go to solution

Might seem to many that BT are abusing their dominant market position to maximise profits when their customers might be at most need of support. However peoples' memories are long. Might be time for customers to review their options when they are able. Certainly because of BT's actions we are  in the process of moving our mobile contracts which terminate shortly and will certainly review other elements of our contract when we are able. Because you are able to impose unreasonable increases masked in lengthy terms and conditions doesn't mean you are obliged to impose them.  Time to reconsider BT customers ? 

0 Ratings
Message 88 of 91

Go to solution

I see that Sky Mobile are now advertising NO mid term price rises.

About time that all of the major phone companies followed their example.

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 91

Go to solution

The community forum rules state the forum is to discuss BT products and services, advertising other companies isn't permitted.

Message 90 of 91

Go to solution

Thanks but I wasn't advertising.

I was discussing how other companies are NOT applying mid term price increases.

BT should be doing the same.

0 Ratings