cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Multiple accounts

Hi,

I recently re-signed up to BT broadband, and when I go to my BT Home it shows my old (closed) account by default. If I go to 'Account details' I can see the new account there, but switching to it isn't reflected in the whole site, BT home etc keep showing the old account. Could someone make my new account the default?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Multiple accounts

Hi @fab31416, welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that you've an old account on your BTID and this is causing some issues.

If you are able to set up another BTID with an email address that has not been used as a BTID before and it will work ok.
If you don't have another email address you can use I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll probably have to delete the BTID so you can set it up again without the old accounts linked. 
Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Old BT account not deleted properly, BT website and app broken as a result

Hello,

I raised the problem that I have 2 accounts under my BT id and I needed one removed, as the My BT website is just broken for me. I was told that was fixed a few days ago, and actually it isn't.

When I use the BT website, by default it shows what looks like an empty account, with the label "Account No:
Account 1" in the top-right corner.  The 'Account' page still says "It looks like you have access to 2 accounts."

When I use the BT app, it shows the correct account number but still tries to show my mobile allowance, when I don't have a BT mobile phone, and the Your Bills page shows an error message, as does the Your Usage page.

So something still isn't right. Can someone please fix this properly, I've been wasting so much of my time just to get BT broadband installed and now the whole BT website / app isn't even working properly.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Re: Old BT account not deleted properly, BT website and app broken as a result

Thanks for posting back @fab31416 

Sorry for the problems with the multiple accounts on your BTID.

My colleague @JohnC2 sent you a message a few days ago.  Reply to his message and we'll pick this up and get it sorted for you that way.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I have already done this! And I was told the old account was deleted. But that's not (completely) the case hence why I posted this second message in the first place.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Sorry for the confusion @fab31416

We'll pick this up and get back to you again.

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @fab31416,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to us.

I have sent this to our developers to find out why it hasn't fully disappeared as we can see the details gone from here. I've asked them to correct any errors that they can see to get this resolved asap. They may reset your password and make a few changes to your account. I'll check this as soon as I'm in on Monday afternoon and update you here.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi there,

Just to confirm that currently, when I log into My BT, I can't see bils, or my products, etc. It says "Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment".

If I may have a guess, it looks like my profile has a 'default account' property which still points at the old account, the one that has been removed, and that does bring up the fault in the website. As my old account has been removed / deleted, the new account ***3054 should be set as the default.

cheers

Fabrice

0 Ratings