cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Need Help with FTTP?

So it says "Our Records show the following FTTP network service information for thes premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH External CBT Complex L2C"  could you simplify what this means for me I have dyslexia aswell as austim i ordered BT FULL Fibre 900 on 28th last month its taking longer than expected they even sent the equipment beforehand but neither the external or internal is done i got bt SH2 but no Ont to connect to only standard copper line im confused and need help and advice please? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Need Help with FTTP?

@TottenhamZeroFibre 

It means that FTTP is available, but the provision is more complex, which is why its taking longer.

When has BT Retail said that your broadband package is going to be activated?

See a similar post https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Full-Fibre-installation-failed-again/m-p/2331391#M162796

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

The activetion date keeps changing  is this normal ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

The difference is the i live on ground floor of a different set of apartments built in 2010ish owned by company called  newlon and Just clarify The CBT is located UGDP not OH so im confused why it says that

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Perhaps @iniltous  can explain it?

The activation date will keep changing, as BT are waiting for Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

If the survey note  quoted , SDU , OH External CBT complex L2C , is for the address in question and the survey return is an accurate reflection of the way the address will be served , it’s not overhead from a pole , but from a wall mounted external block …as already stated , the fact it’s L2C ( lead to cash ) means there is extra work for the ‘ Service Delivery ’ installation engineers over and above an ordinary installation, that may well  be because its an external wall block CBT installation , possible complications could be , long ladders required, or scaffolding may be required, there may be other complications around access , hazards etc …but what ‘SD’ have to do to complete the install, will be  established during the first stage visit , so everything is in place for the second stage visit .

AFAIK, a 2 stage installation appointment is booked with a long lead time ( 30 days initially ) and can be extended depending on what’s required, the initial 30 days are not yet up , if ( for example ) more than 30 days are needed , because of what was discovered on the first stage , then the date can be moved even further out .

The OP could have a look around the apartment/flat complex on the exterior walls , trying to locate where the original external copper distribution blocks  ( E type DP’s) are , there should now also be the FTTP  CBTs  that are earmarked for the individual units within the complex,  near to these copper pair blocks …,

if the CBT exist, the FTTP network is provided ,  it’s just the installation to complete , ( the wiring from the CBT to the individual flat ) that is the ‘complex’ part of the job, but if no CBTs are fitted perhaps availability is shown but it actually isn’t available….personally I would have a look around the building to see what’s recently been provided 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

The CBT is there but they need cable from the cbt to me that part seens complex but the cbt via the ugdp is extremely close so my guess it shouldn't take long correct? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

If there is also an underground CBT nearby , it’s not designated for your address so even if it seems closer it’s not the correct one for your address, there needs to be a wall mounted CBT on exterior the wall of the flats  …..if the route the cable will take , from the wall mounted CBT to your flat isn’t particularly difficult, it could be the first stage simply confirms that the installation engineer can complete without assistance, often with  addresses tagged as 2 stage installations , its  just the surveyor  being overly cautious and it can actually be done with a single SD visit

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Spoiler
It is the right one the engineers drew line from where they were gonna go from the cbt point to my potential outside ont device?  when they first visited since then there hasn't been any vists im still waiting its stage 1 i believe 
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Just clarify im not the only one whom order bt full fibre in my address all 6 of the adress order same thing from bt full fibre 500,900 etc Could it be taking long because of that to i know cause I asked my neighbours
0 Ratings