cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 36

Re: New upgrade offer

I rang and asked a few questions about it, firstly it will be a new 24 month contract at a slightly higher price of just under £51 pm at moment I’m paying £48.99 pm (although if I go on EE website as a new customer the price is the same as I’m paying at moment 🤷‍♀️) I will keep my existing equipment although the 2 free mini boxes will be sent, the salesman made it sound like everything will carry on as normal except I’ll be billed from EE instead of BT. The main reason I’m interested is because of the 2 multi room boxes as I’m due to move house soon and there’s no tv aerial in the new property.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 36

So, I got VDSL range A (clean) …..WBC FTTC unavailable and WBC SOGEA available
VDSL range B (impacted)……WBC FTTC unavailable and WBC SOGEA available
Sorry but I’ve no idea what any of it means.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 36

It means that the cabinet is not full, and there is space for a migrating customer.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 36

I've got the email too and wondering whether its worth it.

Currently got Smart Hub 2 with the 4g backup Hub (which has a shockingly poor signal due to using an EE Data sim but thats another story), a BT TV Pro Box and a BT TV 4k UHD Box as my second plus Digital Voice and BT FTTC (space in the cab to move). Only reason I went with the 4g Hub is you get "free upgrade" to FTTP whenever it turns up (meant to be by end of 2025). Also got two of the Wifi Discs and the offer doesnt mention what happens to these.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 36

Out of interest @ArtyVark , are you coming to the end of your existing contract? 

I have FTTC Halo 3+ and a Pro Box, but haven't seen any emails to switch yet. I am in contract until May 2025.

I'm not sure the "Full Fibre Promise" means much to be honest, they are eventually going to move everyone to FTTP when it becomes available whether you like it or not, plus there are other threads where people have asked for their free upgrade only to be told they need to re-contract, which isn't true.

If the Hybrid Connect doesn't have enough signal to do an effective job, moving and getting rid of it to potentially save some cash seems a good idea to me.

Your BT hub and discs would all need to be returned and you would get new EE kit I believe, but no new TV box.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 36

My contract ends December 2025. When the price hike was announced this year I rung them up to see what they could do for me and I got my bill reduced by £25 without a new contract.

Whats interesting is the Halo package is no longer available. When I rang up last time it was cheaper to keep on the Halo Broadband option than to switch to the option without Halo due to my discounts.

I might just ring the number on the email to see what they can offer.

Message 17 of 36

@ArtyVarkwrote:

I might just ring the number on the email to see what they can offer.

Whatever you do, don't agree to anything on the phone without receiving email confirmation first. Anecdotal evidence suggests some agents are so heavily incentivised to migrate you that they'll promise the moon on a stick to secure the order.

Message 18 of 36

Its rubbish you cant do it online.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 36

@ArtyVarkwrote:

Its rubbish you cant do it online.

What, where you'd have screenshots of exactly what you'd agreed to? I wonder what possible reason BT/EE could have for not wanting you to have that... 🤔

Message 20 of 36

Tried to do the BT EE through a chat window they say they dont have access to do it.

Tried few times today to ring up but the minimum call wait time is 20 mins. I know its free but I dont have time to hang around for 20 mins especially when I`m WFH.

It will have to wait.

0 Ratings