cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Old BT account and address is showing against new order

Help.

Just about to move to a new house and I've ordered up BT broadband and phone the new address. However, my BT account seems to have pulled up all the details for a really old BT account we had years ago and has been long closed at a totally different address and populated that info against my new account number. And to complicate matters MyBT is also holding my old account number and personal details.

And to further confuse things the order tracking does have the new hub and phone service install to the CORRECT address that were moving to on the mobile app, but on the website it says I've no active orders. Help

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Old BT account and address is showing against new order

Think I've partially solved my previous post. My old account had a separate billing address which was also being pulled through to my new account.

But my old account still has my original BT internet email apparently active, but I can't seem to access it. Would it be simpler to get the old account deleted, and how do I go about that?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Hi @wibblemonster, thanks for your posts. 

Is your BTID the old @btinternet email address which you can no longer access? If so then you would need to set up a new BTID.

If your BTID is a different email address which you can access then we can arrange to remove the old account from your BTID.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Thanks John. The old account is on a different BTID.

I can see both accounts on the MyBT portal through the drop down on the top right of the page and I'm able to login using my new ID and Gmail address.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Hi @wibblemonster thank you for the update and that sounds strange. 

Can you try clearing your cookies and cache and see if that removes the old details. If not then let me know and we can get it done for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

Thanks John. Tried that and my old (from almost 10 years ago) account still shows. I've managed to correct the billing address but its strange it still wanted to use all the expired info. The new accountID only shows on the MyBT. It's only if I go through a web portal.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Hi @wibblemonster, thanks for trying that for me.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to fix this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Thanks John. I've replied to your PM

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Many thanks for your assistance mods.

I hoping what I'm about to ask the mods is probably because you and your colleagues are working on my account but.....

The order I placed for moving to our new home with a 5 Sept activation is now showing as cancelled, but my old and new BT ID/accounts are still showing on the portal.

Is there anything I should be worried about, or is it a case of sit tight while you guys work your magic and the order will be reinstated when you're done and my old BT ID/account is removed?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Hi @wibblemonster and thanks for posting.

I can see your email in our queue. Sit tight and we'll get to you soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings