cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

OpenReach cancel again.

I posted a couple of weeks ago on here about FTTP now being available to me, so straight away I ordered a package for the 900mb line, guy on the phone was very helpful and said he can confirm that the 13th would be our installation date. 

We had a text message straight away to say that they will be in touch with updates. 

So today just to be sure I checked out VOL number and it says cancelled, no information, no date of when it was cancelled either. 

Called BT and they said everything should of been emailed to me about why it has been cancelled etc, which is definitely hasn't. 

I've had such a rough 24 months with BT being unreliable and poor customer service I'm thinking of trying to re-order through Sky as they offer the same package.

Anyone else had issue when trying to upgrade or am I just having bad luck here? 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: OpenReach cancel again.

@JamesJoseph 

If its Openreach that has cancelled, then whatever the reason, then Sky will have the same issue. Perhaps there is a lack of spare splitter ports to serve your property?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the quick reply. 

The reason I found out about FTTP being available to me is we had an Open Reach engineer come out after 3 weeks without internet and he told me there was what looked like a brand new box on our telegraph pole ready for fibre, he told me give it a couple of weeks and they will notify me when it's available. 

Two days later I get the email saying we can have it installed, there are only 6 properties close to me and 4 of these are very elderly people who wouldn't even be on the waiting list to get fibre. 

Just such a shame they can't just say they need more time instead of keep giving me false hope and having to book days off work to sit at home waiting for nothing. 

This is what shows on  my order, anyone know what 'Migration' Means?

Broadband

Full Fibre 900

Contract terms

Broadband package - 24 months from 13 Feb 2024

BB-SOGEA-FTTP

13 Feb 2024

Your broadband was due to be activated on

13 Feb 2024

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @JamesJoseph I'm so sorry your order has been canceled without any communication to explain why. I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team with your details and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Migration is a change  of ‘state’  , although in the case of FTTP ( where FTTP doesn’t already exist ) then an installation is required, you are ( from BT point of view ) migrating from FTTC to FTTP ( presumably FTTC is what you have ) 

TBH , you potentially are jumping to conclusions, the date for this is tomorrow ( 13 Feb ) so although it’s possible that you won’t get migrated, until the date has arrived you won’t know for sure .

What does your address show on this checker site,

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

you are looking for a survey note similar to this 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

On my order tracker it says "auto undo order" on the 6th of Feb, and the advisors are saying the order has been cancelled, so I would take that as they won't be coming at all tbh. 

Image below on the site you said. 

Thanks

JamesJoseph_0-1707753397322.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Tried to message you back mate but I just get HTML error over and over even after removing different parts of my message.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

@JamesJoseph 

The request that @NeilO  has sent you via private message, only requires a plain text reply with basic details to verify your account. Its not necessary to provide a full explanation of the issue, as that will be picked up from this thread. So keep any reply to the private message nice and simple, without any HTML or images.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

@JamesJoseph 

Please edit out those details, as this is a public forum, and that information is private to you.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

0 Ratings