cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: No show engineers, no internet.Rubbish company.Pulling my hair out.Advice needed.

Well, it appears there’s been no change.

Just moved into a property, that already has internet equipment inside so called BT to get it set up, around the 11th October. Went for the 500mb package and phone and expected a 3 week wait. However, Openreach don’t work weekends and as a teacher, I can’t get weekdays off. So I had to wait 7-8weeks to 16th December until I could get a day to do it (finished early for the Christmas holidays so I could make the time slot). Kept checking the appointment online, all fine, spoke to two people over the phone, still fine. The day comes, no engineer. 

I phoned BT, who contacted Openreach and apparently there’s just not enough workforce to do my area and work won’t finish till the 28th January. Not once was I informed of this throughout my wait. 

This is of course, utter nonsense as I have seen Openreach vans on my street so frankly I’m putting this down to bone idleness on Openreach’s part and frankly both companies are utterly pathetic. I’ll never understand how I need an engineer to do internal work when it’s already there! 

I still have no appointment as they don’t know when the work can be finished. 

waste of time companies, both of them.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: No show engineers, no internet.Rubbish company.Pulling my hair out.Advice needed.

@Simpsonb1988 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Does your new property have an openreach ONT like this 

ont-pon.jpg

If so what lights are lit and what colour

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Simpsonb1988,

I am so sorry to read about your experience.

I can't guarantee that we can get the date moved forward but I would like to get this looked into for you and do our best to keep you updated. I've sent you a private message where you can reply back to me on.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

It doesn’t, no. But at least I know exactly what they should be fitting. This doesn’t help me though with the pathetic excuses Openreach give me for not completing the work. 

appreciate the effort though.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

If the property does not have the ONT then it is not set up for FTTP and needs engineer visit assuming you have checked FTTP is available to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

I get that. That’s not my complaint though. The issue is I was scheduled to have all this done on Friday and it hasn’t, and the excuses have been poor. As I said in my original post, they’ve had 8 weeks to do this and that is not acceptable.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Have you taken up the offer made by @DanielS ?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi Ben,

I tried calling, sorry I missed you. I can see you've been in touch and the FTTP order has been cancelled. The notes aren't clear on what has happened so can you give me a brief outline? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings