cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Remove Friends and Family International

Thanks for that @rjbcollege .

Just to be clear, are you seeing the same as @licquorice ?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 19

@John_F wrote:

Yes, get there, and just like your screenshot there is no mention of Friends and Family International

Yes, there is if you look at the top of the last screenshot (its a bit indistinct). It says if you wish to keep your current options select stay on current below,  presumably if you wish to cancel it, you select No Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

I am now seeing the same as @licquorice  as I had missed a step somewhere but as the last user stated, and disputed, wrongly in fact, by @licquorice  , there really is no sign of friends and family international.

What there is, is something they are calling International Freedom - which I don't currently have.  I have friends and family international.  For that, I am paying £2.30.  I could select International Freedom for an additional £9.82 but that is completely the opposite of what I am wanting to do.

Again, there is no friends and family international showing and there also isn't any such thing in the screen shots kindly supplied by @licquorice .

However, by selecting no thanks as a test, and then clicking on continue it does display a message at the top of the screen, just under the big pupley-blue box showing my current calling plan and the cost (£0) of my changes, it has the message which indicates that this is the right thing to do and reads:

"You currently have Friends and Family International at £2.30, if you want to keep this choose 'Stay on current' below"

So it seems to me that friends and family international is likely now a defunct feature that once removed cannot be re-instated but there is a more powerful and more expensive alternative, at more than 4 times the price.  This step removes it.  Since it is no longer a selectable feature it is no longer listed or therefore visible on the website.

Incidentally, when I set up this latest contract extension I asked for this to be removed and was told that wasn't possible.  I'd dispute that but clearly it is now possible, even if it wasn't then but is far from obvious to those unfamiliar (pun intended) with the BT website.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 19

And so I continued to do that, believing that what I was saying was correct but no!  I spoke too soon.

The result of removing the not currently-existing International Freedom was no changes at all.

It is refusing to do anything saying I have made no changes.

I am currently on pay as you go.  It is saying I can switch to be on pay as you go (how is that making a change?) for an additional £2 per month, which may remove my friends and family international, or may not but will cost me £2 more to have either the same or less, or for possibly £0.30 less.

And the only mention of friends and family international is still the sentence I pasted in the previous response under the BT blue box at the top of the screen.

I am back to square one.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

@rjbcollege wrote:

I am now seeing the same as @licquorice  as I had missed a step somewhere but as the last user stated, and disputed, wrongly in fact, by @licquorice  , there really is no sign of friends and family international.

Yes there is, as stated in message 12.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Did you actually select no thanks and follow it to conclusion, its not clear from your post?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

@rjbcollege wrote:

So it seems to me that friends and family international is likely now a defunct feature that once removed cannot be re-instated but there is a more powerful and more expensive alternative, at more than 4 times the price. 

You are comparing apples with oranges

Friends and Family International is just £2.30 a month and gives you discounted call rates to 236 international destinations.

International Freedom gives you 600 minutes of inclusive calls to our most popular international destinations, and discounted rates to the rest of the world for £9.82 a month.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 19

I suspect that because we both have F&F international the option to select it is not available except for the option for No Change. There are options to 'Upgrade' to International Freedom or remove any International options by selecting No Thanks. Once the F&F International has been removed, I suspect the options would change to select either F&F International, International Freedom or No Change with no International option.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 19

As this string of replies suggests, there is no way of doing it on-line.  Ring 150 and speak direct to BT Customer Support who were very helpful and quickly made the necessary changes.

0 Ratings