cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Removing old account ID from MyBT

Go to solution

Hi

I recently had BT broadband installed but the MyBT app/website defaults to an old BT account number  that was used for an old BT Mobile account (that's no longer active) 

This stops me viewing "my products" etc as it defaults to that closed account etc.

Is there any way to remove this defunct account number so it will only show my new account number please?

Many thanks

Lee

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Removing old account ID from MyBT

Go to solution

Hi @l_j_t, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Cheers

John

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have replied to the private message with the relevant information as requested.

Regards

Lee

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for speaking with me @l_j_t .

That's been removed for you now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi David

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've just logged into MyBT and that old account seems to have gone now thanks, but I now get and error message once I've logged in saying

"Sorry, we can't get your account details right now. We couldn't find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again"

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back @l_j_t .

Are you able to see your new account number / details on your MyBT? If not leave it with me and I'll look at it first thing tomorrow.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi David

On the initial screen after logging in I get that error message as posted above. 

On the white navigation bar below the main purple bar (with links to Broadband/TV/Sport/Mobile/Gaming etc) All I have are "Your Products" and "Your Details" and then over on the right hand side, next to where it says "Account No:" it is blank.

If I click on "Your Products"  it just takes me back to the same error message. 

If I click on "Your Details" it takes me to a profile page with my name/dob/email/ etc which are all correct, and there is an  "Account" link that takes me to my current account page with my address and account number on etc. 

Those are the only 2 pages that load. The rest (Your products/Your Halo etc) just give me errors

0 Ratings