cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Renewal nightmare

I've had nightmare trying to renew my BT broadband Sport and landline contract

When I first tried in August the BT adviser offered me a reduced cost package by taking TNT Sport off my Skybox and accessing it via the Discovery+App He said I needed a new router even though I already had a Smart Hub2 The email contract note he sent then said an EE tv box was on it's way to me which I didn't want or order I queried this and was told it was a mistake and would be removed.

The next day a Lenovo tablet and 5G SIM card arrived!! hadn't ordered

Again I queried why this had been sent and where the order had originated from. Neither BT or EE could answer However the sim number appeared on my EE APP at a cost of £11pm!!

Next day a Smart Hub2 and wifi disc arrived. Not needed as already have them so I sent them back. Phoned BT and asked for the original contract to be reinstated as Discovery App was clunky. This was done

The next item to arrive was a EE tv box!!

I then sent a complaint via email to BT about the whole process and asked what I should do about the tablet and SIM card. A complaints mgr called and told me the EE order had been made by the first adviser He was not surprised that no mention of it was made during my renewal conversation! He ask  me to return the tablet, SIM card and EEtv box which I did.

This Monday 2 Sept  I started the renewal process all over again only to be told that because of an outstanding order on their system this couldn't be done. The order needed to be removed [Suspect this was everything sent that I didn't order]

A BT advisor then called me on Weds to say all was clear and put me through to another advisor who said he had an IT issue and would call me back. Guess what....He never did

So...I called again today only to be told the Fibre 250 broadband which I current have is not available in my area or on his system.My current download speed to hub 292Mb  He offered me a 75Mbps package which I rejected. I pointed out that I live in the centre of Bath and have two BT fast broadband street cabinets very near.

A BT manager then advised me that if I want to keep the current package and speed etc don't renew just keep paying via DD on a rolling contract.He said I will not be cut off when the contract ends later this month  I just hope he's right

No idea why you cannot review online.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Renewal nightmare

Hi @MopEnd2711,

Welcome to the Community!

We want to make sure changing your package over is as straightforward as possible for you, so I can absolutely understand how disappointing this experience must've been for you.

I'd recommend giving our complaints team a call, and they will be able to look into everything that has happened until now, and work to ensure this doesn't happen again moving forwards.

Rach

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Renewal nightmare

I have written to them

0 Ratings