cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Silver Address

Go to solution

I have just moved into a new build, we have an OpenReach box installed. When I go on BT to get broadband my address doesn’t come up on BT’s system, (it is however on Royal Mail). How do I go about changing my address from silver to gold so I can have broadband please?

Any help at all is appreciated 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Silver Address

Go to solution

@hanmiller 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

It means that there is no routing shown on the Openreach database, so there is probably no line connected.

You should just be able to place an order with BT Retail, and the routing would be determined by Openreach. Have you tried placing an order?

https://www.bt.com/products/broadband/deals

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Keith_Beddoe 

I can’t place an order with BT as my address doesn’t show up on the system. I don’t have any of the info needed for the address checker as I'm not a BT customer, I’m not a customer of anyone yet.

When ringing BT to see if we could order over the phone they said no as this issue sits with OpenReach.

Could you please advise?

Thanks Hannah

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

@hanmiller 

If there is an Openreach fibre mode installed (ONT), then ring the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787.

They should be able to place an order for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

as a new build do you have an ONT looks like this  ont-pon.jpg

are any lights lit like the photo?

take a note of the serial number and phone FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi, I have called the number you have suggested, however they cannot help me, all they suggested I do is create a BT account, but this is the issue I can’t create an account as my address is silver and needs to be gold so the address doesn’t appear on the system. I don’t understand why this issue isn’t being solved, we have been without broadband for over 2 weeks now and working from home is impossible

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

We have an ONT box, the only lights which are on are the power and PON

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I suspect that although you called the FTTP customer service team , your call went to the regular customer service reps ( calls are diverted to regular customer service when busy or out of hours ) .
Have the ONT Serial number ready when you call back  ….FYI , often addresses are messed up on new sites in part by the developer, when OR build  the area in ‘data’ , the property is known by the plot number , often when the actual street number is allocated , it doesn’t match up to the plot number the builder used and advised OR of , ..if you don’t really intend to use BT , it’s unrealistic to expect BT to sort out the address issue, so that you can order service with someone else, but if BT are the ISP you intend to order with , even with a less than perfect address record, it should be possible to raise an order.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

As mentioned, I intend to go with BT as my ISP, believe me I have spoken to sales to place my order - but they have told me time and time again I can’t as my address doesn’t exist on their system as it’s silver not gold. This is an Openreach issue who are refusing to sort us out and put us on their db

Thanks for your help but I’m closing this thread as we’re going round in circles

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @hanmiller and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry you're having problems getting the FTTP order placed. This isn't something we can help with. As @imjolly has mentioned you'll need to contact the FTTP team on 08005874787. I know you've been in touch with them but if the front line advisor can't help you can ask for this to be escalated.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings