cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Sky still charging me despite being on BT

Go to solution

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone can help, I have rung sky half a dozen times about this now but they are still charging me despite having been with BT now since 24th March was supposed to be 14th but got delayed for one reason and another. 

One sky person said it was an issue with Openreach is this true? Can someone look into this mess for me please as I seem to be paying for 2 services at the moment...

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Sky still charging me despite being on BT

Go to solution

@samtheaspie 

If you have an FTTP (Full Fibre) connection with BT, then Sky would be unaware of the change, and would assume you are still using the copper connection.

If that is the case, then you will have to contact Sky and cancel your service with them.

If you are still on FTTC with BT, then I cannot see how you are being charged, as BT would have told Sky.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

if you switch suppliers for your broadband and line rental by the recommended way of just taking out new contract with BT then BT would automatically notify SKY that they were taking over your line and you should have received a letter/email from SKY about leaving.  if you have TV with sky then you need to terminate that yourself

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @samtheaspie 

Sky are very slow in catching up with their accounts. Their bills lag behind, weeks from being generated. I personally would wait two months for the refund adjustment. 24th March, it has only been 22 days. Have you had a look at your future bills in the My Sky app? However I agree they should be able to confirm that your service stopped on 24th March.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

What broadband package did you have with Sky and what broadband package do you have with BT ?

If you had/have ADSL (Standard broadband) or FTTC, the working line takeover/transfer should of stopped your Sky line when you joined BT
If you had ADSL or FTTC with Sky but now have FTTP with BT, they can run independently from eachother unless your number was ported.

Post back with the info and we can steer you in the right direction on who needs to do what.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

I am FTTC as I am not as lucky as others to have actual Fibre.... I have had digital voice forced on me too.. 

I do it the normal way I am on Home Essentials 2 tariff but I am still being billed by Sky despite switching to BT on 24th March... I have told by many sky people it will get sorted but how long is a piece of string..

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@samtheaspiewrote:

I am FTTC as I am not as lucky as others to have actual Fibre....

When BT raised your order, did Sky send notification that another provider was taking over the line ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

I assume so @-Richie-  Otherwise I would not be live on BT right now.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@samtheaspiewrote:

I assume so @-Richie-  Otherwise I would not be live on BT right now.

@-Richie-  means did Sky notify YOU?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Yes..............

0 Ratings