cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Smart Hub 2

I had a very strange conversation yesterday with 5 different CS agents. I took advantage of a Black Friday offer and extended my existing contact that included the smart hub 2. My order confirmation made no mention of the new hub so I contacted BT, first via chat and finally by phone. The first agent said the Smart Hub 2 wasn't compatible with my ADSL connection so I informed them that wasn't true. The second agent said they couldn't find any mention of the new hub on the offer, and told me to phone CS. I then spoke to 3 different agents whereby the third one finally acknowledged that it would work with ADSL but that it would have no benefit over the smart hub one I already have. I told him that I have occasional drop outs and that I was hoping the new hub may be a bit more reliable. He then tried to sell me Halo and whole home WiFi at which point I gave up. FWIW the smart hub 2 is still available to me if I log into my account and look at Black Friday offers.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Smart Hub 2

a new hub is not normally offered for a renewal if existing hub is sufficient for purpose.  you are probably better with the HH6/SH1 as you are able to split the networks whereas the SH2 you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks which causes problems for some customers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Hi @kinetic747   Is there a chance that you could include a screenshot?  If there is simply a picture of a SH2 under the offer then that is purely an illustration of a router and not part of the offer unless it is in writing. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

This has come up several times recently. Not only do BT include a pic of a SH2 on their renewal offers, they label it a SH2 & provide a link. But apparently this is just incompetence in re-using the same images as for new customers & they have no intention of supplying one. This is my renewal offer from a couple of weeks back clearly showing a SH2.

Screenshot_20221028_135442.png

The link opens this box:

rbz5416_0-1668763365270.png

The notion that it's just for illustration purposes is bizarre.

Message 5 of 7

Yes that's the same image I see, definitely misleading.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Is there a guide on splitting the networks as it's something I haven't tried on my existing hub?

0 Ratings