Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Speed and price change

Screenshot_20230530-140714_Chrome.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

@stanley38 

connection time is only 4 days are you having connection problems or are you manually resetting to try and improve speed.

your attainable speed is 84mb but you are on 67mb but noise margin at 7.2db is high as normal 6db and if on Huawei cab down to 3db.  a reduction in noise margin will increase your speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 26

1. That's just a speed guarantee estimate, not the speed you are restricted to.

2. You are currently getting 67M anyway, so in excess of 61M

3. I suspect you have either had a line fault or have been constantly restarting your hub in an effort to improve your speed and DLM has taken action as your line is capable of 80M. Give it time and the speed will increase as long as the connection remains stable.

4. Your speed has not been deliberately capped by BT.

Message 14 of 26

As you can see, the data rate and max data rate in the tech log of my homehub bare no connection to the account package maximum download and upload speeds in the last image.

As I have stated, before the April price hikes, the account package was a maximum 80Mb download and 20Mb upload speeds.

I have looked at the online historical bills history, but unfortunately the pdf of bills does not show details of the package data etc. Which is a real shame as it would be the only way to post proof here of what my package data speeds were, and until what date when they were changed.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

anyone on Fibre 2 has a package connection speed of 80/20mb provided your line is capable of that speed

why is connection time so low?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 16 of 26

No I have not restarted the hub at all.  It has always constantly done its own disconnect / reconnects in the middle of the night. Usually around 1-2am. But not every night. I questioned this with the tech guy when we were going through diagnosing the outside cabling fault, and he said perfectly normal.

But even when it has done that, it always got straight back up to full speed. None of this "restriction" you suggest.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

if  you are not on digital voice can you check your line by dialling 17070 option 2 should be silent and any noise is a problem

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

You have a line fault, your speed is not being deliberately  capped by BT but feel free to continue with your conspiracy theory.

Message 19 of 26

Well actually, the fibre 2 doesn't do 80/20 anymore as advertised on Bt site for new customers...

Screenshot_20230530-144459_Chrome.jpg

 but as my account package image showed, I am down as account being FIBRE WITH HALO @61Mb upload, and 14Mb download. With guaranteed 50Mb.  So according to my "account package" I am not even signed up to fibre2 or its advertised speeds. And as I WAS getting 78/9Mb download with 60Mb minimum guaranteed, and 19-20Mb uploads consistently until recently, that doesn't even match up with the fibre2 advert either.

Seems like bt are publishing random figures so cannot be pinned down on any promises.

Which makes  no sense to me because for the first 3yrs on this connection we were getting a sliver under the max speed all the time, and never down to the guaranteed minimum, except the few times we had to go to 4G dongle because of local outage.

We got good speed because we aren't far from the exchange.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Quiet line test is as quiet as can be. Dead silent.

0 Ratings