cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Speed and price change

And I do know that BT does cap line speeds, because part of what I had to work through with the BT tech engineer when we were diagnosing line faults a few years back showed him the line had a speed cap on it. He lifted it on his tech computer and voila we got full advertised speed... at the time he was very pleased we got a consistent 78Mb speed.

And, I have seen another person's thread on here where the tech support suggests getting the line speed cap lifted.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

@stanley38 wrote:

And I do know that BT does cap line speeds, because part of what I had to work through with the BT tech engineer when we were diagnosing line faults a few years back showed him the line had a speed cap on it. He lifted it on his tech computer and voila we got full advertised speed... at the time he was very pleased we got a consistent 78Mb speed.

And, I have seen another person's thread on here where the tech support suggests getting the line speed cap lifted.

What has will have happened is that there is a fault on the line and DLM (Dynamic Line Management) which is an automatic process, will have reduced the speed to try and keep a stable connection.

The engineer will have reset DLM and as a result the speed would have increased however if the fault is not fixed the speed will gradually drop again in an attempt to keep a stable connection.

Going by the stats you have posted, your line has a fault.

Message 23 of 26

Are you not reading what we are saying, or just not comprehending? Nobody disputes you previously had that speed, everybody is saying you will get that speed again once the FAULT has been fixed.

Message 24 of 26

And absolutely none of the line tests done show a line fault.

No noise on phone test. No packets lost. A little bit of latency and jitter. And no faults reported in the hub technical logs.

Which are all very different to when we did have a faulty line a few years back which we sorted with BT tech and open reach engineer.

Yet, the speed problems have occurred since my account package is now showing  61Mb download and 14Mb upload when I log in to my account. And that was well before the hub disconnected/reconnected itself 4 days ago. Its been happening since the April price rises.

Maybe your right... maybe all a spooky coincidence. But with a few years of clean fault free 78Mb downloads to what is now a sporadic sketchy speed topping "67Mb" according to the hub... its all too convenient.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

It has nothing to do with "convenience". Your stats show a problem or is that just "too convenient" .

As you apparently do not want to hear what you are being told I will now bow out of your thread. 

Message 26 of 26

@stanley38wrote:

Now I have been switched to "superfamily with Halo1" and my package says its comes with max 61Mb down and 14Mb up, with a 50Mb guarantee.

BT haven't offered Halo 1 for a few years, after that came Halo 2 and now we're on Halo 3, BT during Covid did a mass upgrade to hundreds of thousands of customers during the pandemic, so if you're on Halo 1 it was done a few years back.

When the free upgrades were done it was all internally, no changes were made on the supplier side (BT Wholesale or Openreach), so any change of service is unrelated to the promotion you're on.

0 Ratings