cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Switching from TalkTalk to BT

I've switched from TalkTalk to BT and I'm still getting charged by TalkTalk even if BT said whenever I've done the contract that they will take care of everything. The online advisors gave me the email address : switching@bt.com to send them my TalkTalk bills and get a refund, but after my email gets sent I instantly get a reply saying that the email address was not found. Anyone knows how can I get a hold of the switching team?

Thank you! 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Switching from TalkTalk to BT

Hi @mariua2013, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are now getting charged twice for your services. The email address given to you would never deal with this issue as they dealt only with offers to switch to BT.

To help us find out what has gone wrong please let us know:
When you moved to BT from Talk Talk did you keep the same phone number?
Did you place your order to move to us on the phone or via the website?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Did you have ADSL (copper BB) or FTTC with TalkTalk then took FTTP with BT ?
If so then it won't be seen as a working line transfer, 2 different technologies that can run parallel.

Also the switchingteam@bt.com is to claim back early termination fees and invite only, more info at www.bt.com/switchingoffer

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Customer service give me that email address whenever I've tried to get information from them about this situation I'm in (https://ibb.co/rfPf9HM)

Switchover date was 14th November 2021, the order was made online and no, phone numbers are both different. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

I think I had ADSL from TalkTalk and BT installed FTTP. But I did the exact same thing almost 2 years ago (at a friend's house) by moving from TalkTalk to Virgin, the same thing ADSL to FTTP and we had no problem. If I'm asking to switch from one provider to the other shouldn't they ask if they don't see the first ones services? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

That's interesting, the switch to FTTP may be the issue here, I'm led to believe that involves a new fibre line being installed & not necessary a working line takeover on the copper line meaning it may not have cancelled the TT services

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

@mariua2013wrote:

I think I had ADSL from TalkTalk and BT installed FTTP

You've moved from one technology to a totally different technology, as you have a new number both services can run separately, TalkTalk had no idea you'd switched, ring TalkTalk and give your notice to terminate or they'll keep billing you.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

I see how it may be an issue but I don't really agree with it(and not just because I had to pay 3 months two providers). Nowhere was mentioned that BT will switch only FTTP to FTTP services or ADSL or any other services. On that page was stated that they will change my current providers services to BT's services and most importantly,"You don't have to do nothing".

Message 9 of 13

1. Order

Choose one of our great value broadband packages. No need to contact your current provider – we’ll do that for you (unless you’re with Virgin Media*).

*If you’re a Virgin Media customer, contact both BT and Virgin Media to try and co-ordinate the start of your new service with the end of your old one. That’s the best way to avoid either having a gap in your service or paying for overlapping services.

Message 10 of 13

@-Richie- wrote:

@mariua2013wrote:

I think I had ADSL from TalkTalk and BT installed FTTP

You've moved from one technology to a totally different technology, as you have a new number both services can run separately, TalkTalk had no idea you'd switched, ring TalkTalk and give your notice to terminate or they'll keep billing you.

That's ridiculous. Surely the customer is not expected to know or understand those sort of intricacies. A change of provider is a change of provider regardless of the technology and internal processes involved and should be consistent.

0 Ratings