cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Text from 60118

Go to solution

Hi, I received a text supposedly from BT, does anyone know if this is a legit number?

Hello, BT here. We called as another customer wants to take over the services at your address on 06-Sep-2024. If this is correct reply YES, if it's not reply NO. If you'd rather talk to us about it, please call 0330 1234 150. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Text from 60118

Go to solution

@Fattyray 

https://www.bt.com/help/landline/i-ve-just-got-a-text-from-61998-or-60204--is-this-a-genuine-mess

The number is not listed there.

I would call BT on the number given, to prevent your line being taken over.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

The phone number is genuine so I'd call that. Even if it is legit I wouldn't rely on an automated process via text.

Although September is a long way off to be booking a takeover, even for a house move. A lot could go wrong with a move before then.

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Fattyray, thanks for posting and I've checked and the text is genuine. Therefore you should reply or call in to get the take over request cancelled if you're not moving. 

Cheers

John

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks all!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

In light of @JohnC2''s post, I'd text & then check by phone that it's a been cancelled a few days later. We have seen at least one instance recently where the move was cancelled, but went ahead anyway!