cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 50

Re: Cannot access MyBT

Not good enough!! - I cannot access email or any other BT service? 2 days now and counting) - I don't expect I will get 2 (possibly more) days refund from my bill???
0 Ratings
Message 42 of 50

BT Server latency Issues ?

A few days ago, I discovered that I was unable to logon to ‘MYBT’. I could logon to BT e-mail, but trying to access ‘MYBT’, just resulted in an error message, or timing-out, depending upon which browser I used. I thought perhaps it may be a server latency issue at BT’s end, so I waited 24 hours and tried again. The result was the same; I could not access ‘MYBT’.

I Googled the issue, but no BT problems were showing up, so I checked with Down Detector, and that revealed no issues either.

Last resort time had arrived. I opened ‘Messaging’, and after all the usual rigmarole, the Bot, unsurprisingly, was unable to assist me, so I was handed over to a lady by the name of Moumita, who took me through all the same old rigmarole, before suggesting that I change my password. I pointed out that the password worked with BT-Email, but she said that did not matter, and she sent a link so that I could change my password.

The link did not work, it just resulted in a blank screen with the ‘spinning disc’ in the Opera address bar, and then it timed-out. I was advised to use a different browser.

I accessed the Chrome browser and was advised to type www.bt.com/mybt. This took me to the standard BT Logon page. I was the asked to type in ‘Forgotten Password’, which I did, and having followed the prescribed routine a new password was set. I was then asked to attempt to log in again. This time I was partially successful, but the page hung, with the three coloured balls bouncing up and down and the message “Please Wait”. I was informed that this indicated a browser issue, and I was asked to try another browser. I tried Chrome, and I tried Edge. Chrome showed a blank page, and Edge timed-out.

At this juncture Moumita gave up, and chap called Sourik took over. He instantly suspected a server issue. He asked me to do a couple of random searches on Google, and see if I had any problems in accessing the relevant websites. I accessed three different websites with an instant response to each one. So, the browsers were not an issue.

The next step was to clear Chrome's cache and cookies, and try to log in again using the Chrome browser. This just resulted in a blank page.

The next step was to Google ‘BT.com Log in’. This I did, but trying to log in failed, just showing a blank page.

He asked if I could try on my mobile phone, but the phone is old, and so am I, so that was not an option.

He then double checked my BT ID and account number, decided that I needed a fresh BT ID. To that end, he sent a link to enable me to create a new BT ID.

I got as far as inputting my ID/Address, and selected 'next', then the page timed out and a message appeared saying ‘BT took too long to respond’.

This seemed to confirm the belief that it was a BT server issue. At this juncture he raised a ticket for the problem. He then said that they would contact me when the problem was resolved, probably within 48 hours.

At this juncture I checked that my BT email address was still accessible. It was.

Then, out of the blue I was told that IT had just informed him that there was currently extreme latency on MY BT, and that INC3002657 has been raised.

All I had to do was wait for them to fix the problem, and contact me.

This entire process had taken nearly two and a half hours.

Guess what?

48 hours later; no contact, and I still cannot access MYBT. When I try to logon now, I am told that my password or my ID are incorrect, and that I should use the forgotten password link.

To be honest I don’t know whether to wait for BT to contact me, try to set a new password, or set off down the messaging road again.

Any advice would be welcome.

Message 43 of 50

Re: Cannot access MyBT

It would appear that more than one server is affected which would explain why some people are still having problems.

It works for me, albeit slightly slower than usual but all I need now is for the system to stop stating I can get FTTP when I can't.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 50

Re: BT Server latency Issues ?

Hello,

You're not alone experiencing this,  "it's them not you", it's BT problem.

I  could not access MyBT for 4 days, tried all the clearing cookies, caches, etc. & did not make any difference, then suddenly today it started working again for me at 11.16 AM, but others  are still affected.

Strange that the agents advising you were not informed that there is a big issue affecting many accounts.  For a company that sells communication, their own communication it's seriously lacking.

The long threads about this issue is here, have a look:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Unable-to-log-into-MyBT/m-p/2324621#M161423

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 50

Re: Can't access my bills on line or through app

@JoDy2 I was able to change my password using the forgotten password function on the My BT log in page.
0 Ratings
Message 46 of 50

Re: Can't access my bills on line or through app

Thanks! I'll know the next time as everything seems to be back to normal for me, I could access everything earlier today, without changing password or even clearing cookies, still others dont have the access restored as yet.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 50

Re: Unable to log into MyBT

This seems to be a continuing problem.

I have just posted a thread in another forum (probably the wrong one) relating to the fact that the Messaging response that I received after about 2 1/2  hours of messaging was that there was a problem with the BT servers.

It's over 48 hours since I was told that I would be contacted within 48 hours, and that all should be well by then, but I haven't, and it isn't.

I can access my Email, but not MYBT. Both services use the same password, . . . . . . . or they used to ?

I have changed my passwords several times, but it has made no difference. Surely this can not be a server issue ?

I was given ticket numbers, for what they may be worth, of INC3002657 and INC3028376.

I dunno where to go from here. Does any body else know what the  way forward may be ?

It's over 4 days since I noticed this problem, and it hasn't gone away.

PS:

Maybe one of the moderators or admins could move my other thread to the right forum ?

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 50

Finally at after 4 days I can now login into my bt account. A bit slow but at least it’s working.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 50

Hi,

I too can now access MyBT. Its still somewhat slow, but workable.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 50

The problem is solved.

Guess what ?

It was all my fault.

Nobody rang back. No surprise there then,

After messaging the bots again, I eventually got to deal with a human being. I told them the story, and they referred to the previous messages and ticket numbers.

Next they reset my BTID, yet again, and then asked that I use the' forgot password' business and  reset my password, "BUT DO NOT LOG IN", was the advice that I was given.

It seems that trying to log in too soon after being given a refreshed BTID, and resetting the password, is bound to result in a failed logon attempt, as the magical IT Gubbins takes up to ten minutes before the new details are recognised by the system.

Whether that is true or not, I ain't bothered, but it does not explain why the problem occurred in the first place, or even whether system server latency had owt to do with the issue.

Still, all's well that ends well, as some famous bloke once said !

0 Ratings