cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Upgrade

Hello, I’ve just renewed again and upgraded to Halo 3+ I’m sure it mentioned that I needed to also move to digital voice. I would be sent a phone? My order has no reference to digital voice. I’m assuming therefore my phone line and my phones I have are still going to be ok?

Also last week I renewed my bt mobile sim via bt and you recommend me switching to EE so one of the sims on my account is currently being moved to EE. Could someone look at my mobile bill for the last couple of months and check that’s what I have been paying is correct please?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Upgrade

Message 3 of 7

Brilliant really can’t be doing with changing things. Though it seems I need to get the smart hub 2 out of the box I’ve had for years as I’m still using the smart hub 1.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@Zombiewrote:
Brilliant really can’t be doing with changing things. Though it seems I need to get the smart hub 2 out of the box I’ve had for years as I’m still using the smart hub 1.

I wouldn't bother just yet.

Although I've had no major problems myself so far, there are those on this community who will tell you that the latest Smart Hub 2 firmware upgrade (V0.33) is a bit of a train wreck. I suggest you hold off for a while.

Issues post firmware upgrade home hub 2 - BT Community

Message 5 of 7

Thanks @Les-Gibson I’m sure I’ve had the smart hub 2 here for 3 years hopefully mine’s ok. I’ve been using the smart hub 1 for 5 years and it’s been brilliant. Never drops out, everything connects and it just works without me ever having to mess with it. 

Message 6 of 7

If you do decide to use the Smarthub2 you could change the SSid and wireless password to be the same as your Smarthub1 and that will save you having to reconnect all your wireless devices.

You can do this before replacing your Smarthub1. Turn off the Smarthub 1.

Connect the Smarthub2 to a PC or Laptop by an Ethernet cable then turn the Smarthub2 on.  

Log onto the hubs management page at  Home (bthomehub.home)  and go to Advance Settings > Wireless. Make the relevant changes and remember to click save after entering the details.

If you now want to swap them over switch off the Smarthub2 and disconnect your Smarthub1. Connect up your Smarthub 2 and switch it on. Your wireless device should connect without any intervention from you.

If you don't want to swap them over at this time just disconnect the Smarthub 2 and switch on the Smarthub 1. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

BE7760A1-D43B-4A2A-A037-5EB1D55B9DA9.pngJust to update, I’ve started using the Smart Hub 2. It did update the firmware every night for the first 3 days but that seems to be over now. Everything connects and works well not had any issues at all. Probably get zero use out of the Hybrid Connect as for the last few years with BT I’ve never known my internet connection to not be working. 

0 Ratings