cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Why Can't I order Gfast

Go to solution

I received an email from BT over three years ago telling me Gfast broadband was available for me but was never able to order it and it never showed up in the BT Wholesale checker.

It has now appeared, and Openreach have confirmed that it is available to order, but BT, or any other provider, still don't offer it.

Is there any reason why this might be?

GFast.gif

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Why Can't I order Gfast

Go to solution

dslchecker does not actually show GFAST available to you and it is updated by openreach

you can try phoning 08005874787 and see if they can help 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

@DeVere the checker results are blank where it would say if G fast was available so I don't think you'll be able to order it. SOGEA means that broadband is available without a voice line.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

The Gfast lines on the checker are new though. They've only appeared some time in the last few months, as I check occasionally. I also have this communication from Openreach about it:

"Thanks for your recent enquiry via the Openreach website about getting faster broadband.  

I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. I really do appreciate your frustration that fibre broadband isn’t currently meeting your expectations. 

I’ve looked into your enquiry and can confirm our systems are already showing that GFAST is available to order. All you need to do is place an order with your chosen service provider to enjoy the benefits of faster fibre broadband.

Openreach doesn’t provide phone, broadband or TV services directly to anyone. You can find a list of providers here

FTTC https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttc-providers

If your provider has any issues placing an order, ask them to contact us directly.

I’m glad we’ve been able to resolve this case for you, the great news is you’ll now benefit from speedy broadband to your door which means faster downloads, lag-free gaming, and less buffering on music or video.

I will close your case as you can now place an order.

If you need to contact us further please use the following link, as the email account I’m writing to you from doesn’t accept replies. https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form

Kind regards"

But when I contact BT on the number imjolly gave me they say Openreach is telling them it's not available.

I'm perfectly fine with not being able to get it, i'd just like some explanation as to why I'm being told 2 different things and why BT emailed me 3 years ago announcing it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

@DeVere 

you initially said you had previously received a communication from openreach not BT Retail advising GFAST available.  often openreach mail an area about availability of GFAST/FTTP but not everyone in the area mailed can actually get the connection change.

you need to wait until you see GFAST available on the dslchecker then phone FTTP Team   It is openreach information that updates the dslchecker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

@imjolly 

The initial email 3 years ago was from BT Retail. The email I quoted in this thread was sent to me from openreach last week.

I've been waiting for over 3 years for gfast to show as avaliable. Now I just want to know if I should keep checking or if it's never going to show up.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

@DeVere 

only openreach know if your cabinet will be upgraded to GFAST but I think that unlikely as other posts suggested that it has been shelved in favour of FTTP

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

If I've got the right cab, have a look here for your road & see what it says for availability. G.Fast is normally limited to around 500m from the cab, so it may be available on the cab but your property is too far away.

If it looks like it should be available, it might be worth double checking your address on the Royal Mail website exactly matches your BT account.

Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

@rbz5416 

What would I see if GFast was available?

My max data rate according to the BT router is 100244, what kind of distance would that suggest?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

@imjolly 

According to openreach my cabinet has already been upgraded to GFast, which is why I'm trying to work out why they're telling BT retail that it hasn't been.

Maybe I'm too far from the cabinet, but I think a max data rate of 100244 indicates I'm pretty close, doesn't it?

0 Ratings