cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

incorrect billing

I recently had to restore my box to factory settings as it was playing up again,so when it came back on had to re sign in to all the apps and players,my son watches netflix on it when he comes home so he tried to set that up, now his netflix account has been transfered and billed thru my bt account when he has his own netflix account,when he signs into his online account it says now billed by bt, I have contacted Bt on several occasions and they say they cant or wont correct it,and when he phones netflix they say it is now a bt account and they cant rectify it.When i do phone Bt they seem more interested in getting me to extend my contract which i certainly wont than solving this problem,can someone please help, Thanks Aled

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: incorrect billing

From the netflix help pages (https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23005)

1. Sign in to your Netflix Account

2. Under Membership & Billing, select Manage payment info.

3. Enter a new payment method and select Save.

If you are unable to access your Netflix account, please see “I'm having trouble signing in to Netflix” below.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I dont have a netflix account just my son has one and his account has been linked to my bt account which he cant change on his netflix billing
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I dont have a netflix account and somehow after the factory reset my sons netflix account which he pays monthly to apple was merged with my bt account , on his netflix account it says contact bt to end billing thru bt but when i phone them they say there is nothing they can do despite several phone calls and being transfered from one section to another on several phone calls,my son does'nt even have a bt account and i have found bt to be very unhelpful each time i phone them about anything,   the message on my sons netflix account is Contact BT to update your payment details or end your billing through BT. but he doees'nt have a bt account,

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

certainly not solved
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Hi @aledjlloyd and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having a few problems with the Netflix account. Did you have Netflix on the box before resetting it?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Yes my son has a netflix account at his home address and signs in on our tv when he visits David
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Hi, @aledjlloyd thanks for replying, when you sign in to Netflix on BT TV it gives you the option to add the Netflix subscription to your BT TV. That option must have been selected which has resulted in the bill being added to your BT TV service.

You can remove the Netflix add-on from your TV account here > You'll need to sign in with your BT ID.

Navigate to the 'TV and Sport' section under 'Your products'. You can then manage your BT TV account and cancel the Netflix plan.

Your son will then need to sign in to his Netflix account to set up a payment with them. 

Just another thought, is Netflix included in your BT TV subscription or is this showing as an add-on on your BT bill?

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi , thanks for your reply, problem is netflix is not an add-on but included in my sport package so there is no option to cancel it,
0 Ratings