cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: "12 Months Free" Gamepass Ultimate

IMG_7449.png

 Hi @NeilO @RobbieMac 

So I have just received this on X (Formerly Twitter) as an update to my saga.  

I have replied and sought clarity.  As described above when I initially upgraded my broadband, I received an email inviting me to avail of the free 12 months Gamepass Ultimate.  I clicked the link and completed the directions.  This was done on a MacBook and through a browser.  At no time did I use the phone app to carry this out.  When I tried again to add Gamepass ultimate as per these instructions I was warned on the website that this would incur a £10 per month charge so at this time I have refrained from doing so.

I really don't think it is unreasonable for me to feel extremely frustrated by this.  I just wish that someone within BT would take ownership of my case and stop sending me around in circles.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Hi @NeilO @RobbieMac 

Update.  Received another message from Emmett in your Twitter Team advising me to proceed as directed and sign up again through the My Products Page on My BT.  I have done this again on a web browser and my Xbox Gamepass Subscription has been extended by 1 month.  This is now the third credit I have received.  Time will tell if this will incur another £10 charge on my account.  I will of course update when appropriate.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Hi @Petrodmul51 Thanks for the update, the Twitter team works in the same contact center as the moderation team. I can see that Emmett has set a reminder to follow up with you again on Friday, he has notes on your case to say that he will refer this to the Xbox team if needs be. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

@NeilO 

Hi again,

To be fair things appear to be so far so good 👏 At this stage I haven’t received any emails, automated or otherwise, advising me that I will be charged £10 per month going forward.

Hopefully it remains that way 🤞

Big thanks to you and Emmett for giving me your time 

Regards 

Peter 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

@Petrodmul51 No problem, Emmett will check things over on your account on Friday and ensure this is sorted.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

Good morning @NeilO 

Just by way of update.  I received this automated email from BT this morning;

Petrodmul51_0-1699601468065.png

I have forwarded same to your Twitter team with this message;

Hi Emmett,
I had such high hopes that this whole thing was finally sorted….then this email arrived this morning advising me that I would be charged £10 per month for my supposedly “free” 12 month Xbox Gamepass subscription.

Back to the drawing board

Not happy at all

Peter https://twitter.com/messages/media/1722878824986149005

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@NeilO @RobbieMac

Hi again

The saga continues

At 1855 hours on 14/4/23 I received a phone call from "Chris" in the BT Offline Xbox Team who advised me that I would be shortly be sent an email with a link to initiate my free 12 month Xbox Gamepass subscription. I got the email a short time later and followed its instructions.  I received a months Gamepass subscription  added to my account so I thought at last everything was sorted.

Today however I have just received my BT Bill and although it does reflect that I am in receipt of a free 12 month Gamepass Subscription there is a separate entry showing a charge of £10 added to my account and advice that this charge will be recurring unless cancelled??

Any advice as to what to do next?  Im reluctant to contact someone in your call centres as last time this happened one of you guides simply cancelled the Xbox Gamepass subscription entirely, although to be fair their knowledge of the whole promotion was very limited.

Regards

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

Quick update, I replied to the email from the Xbox team who to be fair responded very promptly and advised me:
Hello Mr Mulholland,

I’m sorry that the additional charge for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has shown up on your most recent bill. I’ve checked the dates and it looks like this only occurred because the problem was fixed after the date the charge was raised, so you won’t see this on your future bills.

I’ve gone ahead and refunded the £10.00 charge from your bill dated 22/11/23 and you’ll receive an SMS and separate email confirming this shortly.

So fingers crossed at last this is sorted

Peter
0 Ratings