cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 310

Re: BT CLOUD ERRORS

Go to solution

Spoke to BT days ago and was told they would be in touch again on the 30/11/23.
Of course, they haven't.
They just pass you around from person to person who seems to know sod all about it.
Asked them because I needed things from my cloud I could cancel my contract with BT.
They said no as it was a free service that they give.

I have got a feeling BT Cloud will be a no-no for us who had it.

0 Ratings
Message 182 of 310

Go to solution

I've paid for an alternative already 😀

0 Ratings
Message 183 of 310

Go to solution

Me too.

The philosophy of its free so we will fix it we can is not sustainable for us or them.

In its present state even before this failure I wouldn’t pay, it is very bad in handling albums.

The IPad product hasn’t been updated for ages.

0 Ratings
Message 184 of 310

Go to solution

@Cicero 

I would note, that BTCloud has not been "for free" - it was a part of the package, which we have paid for and probably without this "free" add-on this package would be cheaper. So BT is not too generous and they should present more active approach to this problem - in fact, in my opinion, the do not care at all.

0 Ratings
Message 185 of 310

Go to solution

Or if anything else it having some cloud storage was a factor to consider in choosing an ISP over the others.

0 Ratings
Message 186 of 310

Go to solution

Same problem here.

What's the point of a cloud backup solution when it's not available when you need it???

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 310

Go to solution

BT Cloud has never been free, I've been told in the past that it's an incentive to retain/improve the packages I have with BT.   I started out with 30gb of Cloud storage (iirc) and after some package renewals and enhancements to packages I now have 1tb.

At times, getting the additional storage has been the difference between renewing a contract or going elsewhere.   BT should remember that before they describe BT Cloud as a free add-on.

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 310

Re: BT Cloud 22.12.33 not working ERROR UN1

Go to solution

I have also had this for a while. I am running Windows 10 64bit on an HP Laptop. My workaround for this was to download the BT Desktop App and login with your normal Cloud login information. 

It then gives you an option to what you want to download to the app from your web cloud, i.e. pictures, documents, etc. even though you haven't logged into your web account. This could take a while depending on how many files you have, so if you have a laptop I would keep it plugged in

This may not be ideal but at least a workaround.

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 310

Go to solution

@Syrup 

Thanks

The problem many of us have is we have machines already logged in via the desktop app. It seems to be working in that files are being backed up. If we try to access via the web symbol on the app we get UN1.If we logout and uninstall/reinstall the likelihood we will get back in is pretty close to zero. Eventually we hope access via the internet will be running again. 

0 Ratings
Message 190 of 310

Go to solution

Cicero

Perhaps I am misunderstanding. I can access and download all my files I’ve transferred to my Desktop App from the BT web cloud even though I cannot log in to the web version.

0 Ratings