cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 281 of 310

Re: BT CLOUD ERRORS

Go to solution

Chris179, have you tried dragging the icon from the App library into either one of your iMac Screens, or the menu bar, before clicking on it?

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 282 of 310

Go to solution

Chris179, are you clicking the BT Cloud icon on a screen, not the one in the App library.

If so, have you tried dragging the BT Cloud icon on the screen into the Menu bar, before clicking it?

0 Ratings
Message 283 of 310

Go to solution

Hi yes, the only place it will drag to is the desktop or toolbar at bottom of screen

0 Ratings
Message 284 of 310

Go to solution

Chris179, try the following:

To add an app to the menu bar in an iMac, you need to follow these steps:

• Click the Apple menu at the top left of your screen and choose System Preferences.
  • Select the Dock & Menu Bar preference pane.
  • On the left side of the pane, you’ll see Dock & Menu Bar items.  Scroll down to the BT Cloud app
  • Click on the app and check the box to “Show in Menu Bar” on the right side of the pane.

You can also rearrange or remove the menu bar icons by holding down the Command key and dragging them.

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 285 of 310

Go to solution

Chris179, if my previous message isn't clear enough, go to YouTube and search for: 
'How to Add/Remove Menu Bar items on MacBook [Tutorial]'

I hope this helps

JTS1

0 Ratings
Message 286 of 310

Go to solution

Many thanks.

The tutorial helped sort the confusion. The menus on iMac are sutterly different to a Mac book on which the video is done. I navigated to same areas on iMac, but BT Cloud is not in the add to menu list. It is in the launch at log in box. If I remove it manually, and uninstall BT Cloud it appears back upon re install.  Also a tick in the box and saved to open on login in BT Cloud settings.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 287 of 310

Go to solution

Chris178, it did cross my mind that you may have uninstalled and reinstalled BT Cloud and the uninstall could have removed the icon from your menu bar, which is why I pursued its reestablishment.

However, what you are now saying is that you have now set BT Cloud to run at Start up, presumably to stop the icon being removed from the menu bar.  My preference would be to add it to the menu bar permanently and not to set BT Cloud to run at Start up, as this can extend the Start up time.

Anyway, there are more videos available on  YouTube for different Mac platforms, such as iPad, iPhone, etc. but all are controlled by the same Apple IOS.  I used my wife's iPad to see if it would work and it did.

Here is a different search that you can use in YouTube that may be more applicable to your iMac platform, as it is using different steps and methods to add any App to the menu bar: 
 'How to Customize the Menu Bar & Control Center in macOS| Add or Remove Icons, or Hide the Bar'

Do you think that your issue has been fully resolved?

JTS1
(John)

0 Ratings
Message 288 of 310

Go to solution

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 289 of 310

Go to solution

I cancelled my BT account today. Ive found this BT cloud issue experience deeply unsatisfactory, plus my monthly bill was about to go up from £54 to £64 and Virgin offered me a 135mbps full fibre deal . 

But sincerest thanks to everyone for your advice with the BT cloud issue. It never worked again on my android phone despite at least 10 attempts for it to start working again.

0 Ratings
Message 290 of 310

Go to solution
Will you be able to recover all of your uploaded material?
0 Ratings