cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Cloud User Guide

Go to solution

Well, it's taken the best part of 20 hours struggling, but I've now got a reasonably workable BT Cloud system on my computer, but no thanks to the User Guide which is just hopeless (who do they get to write these things?).

Anyway, all my documents now back up to the cloud automatically, including changes.

However, can some kind person advise how I display the Dashboard, please?

There's no sign of it and I presumably can't restore files back from the cloud without it.

Thank you in advance.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

Alongside each of your documents in BT Cloud are three dots.  Click them and you get some options, one being download.  As for the dashboard have you actually downloaded and installed the Cloud app or are you simply accessing the cloud in your browser?  This may help -

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/bt-cloud/getting-set-up/set-up-bt-cloud/how-do-i-set-up-bt-cloud-

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Good morning Earthling (Great User Name!).

Sorry for not replying earlier, but the BT site was down for maintenance.

When I look at the documents that have been uploaded to the cloud, I don't see three dots.

Also, I've never seen the dashboard!

Does this mean that, despite my best efforts, I've not got the Desktop Client installed?

I've tried to follow your link, but I don't get the predicted results when I click on things.

For example, I don't get the activate button when I go through the registration procedure.

As you've seen in my earlier posts, I've been struggling with this sort of thing all week...

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Morning WP.  You need to click first on the sixth icon down the left - All my files -, then hover over anything in the File Name column.  Then you will see the three dots.  I think from what you have said that you must have the app installed.  In File Explorer search your C drive for 'bt cloud.exe' and double click on it and that should open the Dashboard.  Suggest you create a shortcut to it on your desktop.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, selecting All My Files first did the trick and I now see the three dots. 😀

Not so good with BT Cloud.exe though.

It does exist on the C drive under C>Users>(My Name)>App Data>Local>BT Cloud.

However a double click brings up the table that I get by clicking on the cloud symbol in the System Tray (bottom right of Desktop) which shows Recently Updated Files, Pause Syncing, etc.

So, still no sign of the Dashboard!

Next move, please...

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Wasn't entirely sure what you meant by Dashboard, assumed you meant the user panel that you see when you first open it.  Sorry, I assume dashboard is a term given in  the user guide, which I've never bothered with.  Anyway, as you are getting the user panel, and can access your cloud, that's all there is, your cloud is working.  Use the panel to check your backup status, and to change your settings.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
btw, as you are keen to get your backups well organised, you might want to take a look at the built-in File History which you access via Control Panel. Does most of what BT Cloud can do but to a local or network attached drive. A much under-appreciated feature.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for your assistance, Earthling, but if you look on Page 35 of the BT Cloud User Guide, it shows two pictures of the dashboard (one for PC and one for MAC) which should appear when you download the Desktop Client.

There's also a full description of the Dashboard and how to use it to operate BT Cloud.

It looks very useful, but alas, I've yet to see it...

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

I can only think that's an old version of the user guide - I've never seen that dashboard either and my cloud is working perfectly.  The previous version of BT Cloud came in for ferocious criticism but the current version seems good, for me anyhow.  I'll have another look around, see if there is a different version.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Page 35 is about using BT Cloud on Android. Take another look and find the PC section.

EDIT - no that's not right either, though it says AndroidiOS in the address bar -

https://www.bt.com/content/dam/bt/help/legacy/BT%20Cloud%20Dec%20user%20guide%20AndroidiOS.pdf

0 Ratings