Please note the team will do their absolute

best to reply to you within the next 48

hours.

Kind Regards,

edited by mod

Message 162 of 257

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

@Bigron58 

It is against forum rules to post transcripts of emails and it is also against forum rules to post email addresses so you may fine that this post will be removed or edited by the forum moderators.

You can however paraphrase the reply that you received minus the email addresses and names of the senders if you care to edit your post.

BT Community User Guidelines - BT Community

BT Community Terms of Use - BT Community

Message 163 of 257

Re: BT Cloud is closing

@JordanTA 

Thanks for that. I tried downloading my entire photo library by going into the Cloud and then typing Select All.

What a failure despite Select All it only downloads 60 items even though every item was ticked. Precisely how do we download thousands of pictures ?

In arbitrarily shutting the service BT could have  at least given us a decent mechanism to download our data.

I went on to the Cloud, selected my photos, hit select all then download, only 60 downloaded.

I have storage and network capacity to do it in a single operation, BT Cloud doesn’t apparently. Going to All My Files does not allow selection by type, only the logical entity where photos came from.

0 Ratings
Message 164 of 257

What a failure despite Select All it only downloads 60 items even though every item was ticked. Precisely how do we download thousands of pictures ?

Annoyingly "Select All" only selects the visible files / directories. Scroll down, click "Select All" again, and repeat until all the files you want are ticked.

Alternatively download the containing directory.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud/m-p/2398046#M54615

0 Ratings
Message 165 of 257

@GeoffSmith 

Thanks I have done exactly that for my documents. I ticked 3780 , after 30 minutes so far am still waiting for the download to start. Incidentally BT Cloud on the IPad said I had 3213 but I found 3780.

will let you know if it ever downloads.

0 Ratings
Message 166 of 257

@GeoffSmith 

It worked at last.

Will try photos again.

0 Ratings
Message 167 of 257

May I ask you to post a link to the rules so that we can avoid transgressing?

0 Ratings
Message 169 of 257

Thank you O Exulted Sage.

I suspect a bit of a gulf betwixt legalese and intention.

But I know better than to dispute the great wisdom of one who has made many, many posts - regardless of efficacy (not you per-se, Liquorice).

I am sure that the original post was made with all good intentions and that the Almighty Mods acted quickly to remove any risk of a name being disclosed <scream>. I am less clear why someone else needs to bump their qudos by pointing out that something "may" happen.

There are mods, and there seem to be pseudo mods.

Puzzling

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 257

@GDog2 

In reply to you O Lowly Contributor.

If you had read the post fully you would have seen that the links to the rules were posted in the message to the poster and were there for the information of those who were unaware of contents. This would allow them to avoid "transgressing" in future and also to alleviate the need for them to look for the rules that they agreed to when joining the forum or need as you have done, to ask for the links to be posted. 

I have no doubt that the poster was posting with good intentions to assist other users of the forum. I also suspect that most people, including yourself, would not wish to have their email address or any correspondence between yourself and another person made public without your agreement. Hence that particular rule of the forum. The poster was also advised how to post the message so as to avoid any "transgression" of the rules.

If you had read the following link in the Announcements, Guides & Community Updates board, where the rules and guidelines for the forum are also posted you would have found the following. 

Who’s who in the BT community - BT Community

The CL's do have some moderator privileges and one of their functions is to help the forum operate in safe and friendly manner and to offer advice and help to forum members such as when they "transgress" the forum rules.  

I  do not seek nor ask for kudos and I have no way of stopping them being given. They are a function of the forum which I personally feel should be done away with.

What I find puzzling is why somebody has to post a sarcastic message regarding a message that was not directed to them particular when they show they have clearly not bothered to read the post correctly and had not bothered to read the rules of the forum, but I suppose it takes all sorts!