cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 181 of 237

Re: BT Cloud is no longer available

Today's news that BT have lost carrying Sky broadband to CityFibre that was being carried on the Openreach network is another to blow to the company.

I suspect it wasn't going to get any better after the previous news Sunil Bharti Mittal bought 25% of their shares after reading this in the financial media;

Alison Kirkby (the new CEO) allegedly was looking to accelerate cost-cutting at the telecoms behemoth after taking up the role earlier this year. She has vowed to strip £3bn of costs out of the business and scale back heavy investment on its broadband network and Mr Mittal said he was supportive of Ms Kirkby’s strategy and would be encouraging management to follow it “even more boldly”.

0 Ratings
Message 182 of 237

It may not be relevant, but when I renewed fairly recently, they pushed very hard to get me to move to EE Broadband. I pointed out that this wasnt equivalent to the Halo Package I was on.  They could offer the Norton Anti-virus (at a cost)  but they couldnt offer the BTinternet mail addresses or the BT Cloud.   Now the Cloud's gone, no prizes for guessing what goes next!   It does seem that they want to drop BT as a consumer brand  - and that's their underlying "business decision".

0 Ratings
Message 183 of 237

@Geoffhailz 

"It does seem that they want to drop BT as a consumer brand - and that's their underlying "business decision"."

That is no secret - BT publicy announced it as their policy over 2 years ago:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2022/04/bt-group-turning-ee-into-its-flagship-brand-for-uk-con...

"BT" will eventually become the Enterprise and Global brand.

0 Ratings
Message 184 of 237

Another failed attempt.

Tried downloading videos, failed with network error at 22gb, so much for fibre.

Try again tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 185 of 237

@Geoffhailz 

Certainly email is not option when I looked.

0 Ratings
Message 186 of 237

Emails will be the next item to go on their culling agenda, I wouldn't be surprised 😡

0 Ratings
Message 187 of 237

No, I wouldn’t be at all surprised at. I have been without the BT email account on my Outlook 365 (desktop?) for nearly a week due to ‘not synchronising with server’. So against my better judgement and with no practical help from BT 'Guides', I removed the account from Outlook and reinstalled it

That fixed it and it has been okay for a couple of days but I have just been on to my device to check for emails and lo and behold it keeps asking for my password again. Tried it every time and will not connect to server. 

0 Ratings
Message 188 of 237

Managed to download 53gb of videos eventually despite several messages about session expiry, alleged network issues and BT Cloud no longer being available. Somehow download continued and finished. Anyone with huge quantities to download has my sympathy.

0 Ratings
Message 189 of 237

Tried to do some more photos. “we are experiencing technical difficulties, try later”.

its the weekend  I give up, maybe next week.

0 Ratings
Message 190 of 237

@Paul608085  I suppose BT wanted to shrug off the presumed dated, conservative, incumbent telco image in favour of a young looking / fresh  and  modern  image that is wrapped up in  the EE brand, for its consumer facing stuff. I mean they’re using yellows and greens in the branding for goodness sake!  Behind the scenes in the business world  BT - a calming shade of blue- is probably doing some good stuff that businesses like. But apparently not  appealing to a typical consumer.  Whoever they are.  

0 Ratings