cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 221 of 237

Re: BT Cloud is closing

Hi Peter, thanks for your message.

I was using the desk top client and did have the BT Cloud folder. As mentioned yesterday, I had 191GB of data stored in 1000 area. If I added up the 5 individual areas in my cloud, they showed 201GB of data??? Today I have checked and again it states 191GB stored, but now when I add the 5 individual folders, it now only showing 111GB of data???

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 11.54.46.png

This is the 5 folders that I have on the cloud. The 3rd down has photos form Iphones in it, type is marked as SYNC. With this folder I was allowed to SYNC from the cloud to my external ssd successfully later yesterday, none of the other folders would synch.

As mentioned in initial message, when I tried using the BT client, it started to download the top file as a zip, but for some reason stopped after only approx 4GB.

The files that kept uploading were the same files I synched to the external SSD as above. I uninstalled/reinstalled the cloud about 5 times yesterday, each time while loading it I would untick all the upload files.

I removed about a few GB of data from the cloud and the computer, then went for the last uninstall/reinstall of BT cloud. As it was being installed and unticking the upload section, the recent activity started showing uploading/downloading going on. As I was going to pause the action it stopped again with the notification that you have run out of space. The uploading files were the same as above.

0 Ratings
Message 222 of 237

Hi Peter

Just posted you a reply to your questions but it's not showing, have you received it?

0 Ratings
Message 223 of 237

Thanks @Nick1878 I can see your post.

Sometimes it can just take a while for this to show as a moderator needs to manually approve uploaded images. 

From the screenshot you've shared here it looks like you're using the browser version of BT Cloud; have you tried the desktop app?

Do you have a folder on your PC for BT Cloud as well if you try to search for this, and can you see what content is in there?
Peter

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 237

Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 15.04.53.png

I am using the desktop app as above. The only way I can see what files are on the cloud (as per previous screen shot) is to click on open web in middle bottom that I have been doing.

Yes I do have the BT Cloud folder, there is only the file previously mentioned (4GB) that I'm able to synch with from the cloud to the mac.

Also in downloads is just over 3GB of data that downloaded via the desktop app the first time I tried to download the large file (previously mentioned) that stopped downloading for some unknown reason and don't know why it went there.

0 Ratings
Message 225 of 237

Hi Peter

Just prior to my last message, I again reinstalled the desktop app. Would it be worth me trying to download a portion of the files fro the cloud again?

0 Ratings
Message 226 of 237

Thanks for explaining that all @Nick1878.

I was just about to recommend reinstalling this one final time, so if you can give this one more try that would be great. 

If you continue to struggle, it'll be best to get this raised directly with our technical helpdesk, who can then escalate this if needs be 🙂

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 227 of 237

@Peter_W Fortunately I have never in all the years wth BT, never used been tempted to BTCloud. It was a proposition  before the decision to cloe ot down as I made the mistake of using MS OneDrive to back up my files, something I would not rcommend to anyone looking for a cloud provider. 

Peter, you suggest @Nick1878 turn to the technical helpdesk to escalte his problem but my my recent experience and the introduction of AI and chatbots, along sometimes unnecessary automated line check to find faults, which in many cases is not what I am conatcting BT Help for, is a waste of time. Agents are now referred to as 'Guides' and again from experince part of the their job is sales.

0 Ratings
Message 228 of 237

Thanks for your help so far. I did attempt to download last night, but the download setting kept trying to send it into downloads on the computer, where some of the original download was sent too, not the BT Cloud folder and I wasn't able to select it. I will reinstall the cloud again (probably Sunday as I'm stuck these 2 days doing other stuff), try and clear my mac to get some space to allow larger files to be stored, then try another download.

Just something else thats came to mind. When I originally tried the first download that stopped, as the process was in prog for a while, I left the room and came back later at which point it had stopped. The mac had gone into sleep mode, could this have caused it to stop? I tried to turn this off on the mac just in case, but wasn't able to for some unknown reason. 

Cheers Nick

0 Ratings
Message 229 of 237

Hi Drifter

I have found BT cloud ok for storing my files with easy access to see them. Now that they are closing it and I'm trying to download it to mac, I'm finding issues. Ive jumped into google drive as I had some data stored there on a free section, who knows if I'll regret it, but which service is better than any other. I've done this for one year just to save the information from the BT cloud, I can then look for the best/easiest cloud system for the future. I recently bought a samsung T7 1TB SSD to put the BT cloud data on, but as previously mentioned this can't be done from mac, although as per a previous screen shot I've posted, the folder within it (from old iphones) did synch to the SSD. I wish I could synch the others.

Cheers Nick

0 Ratings
Message 230 of 237

The prices keep going up and we get less and less service. To be honest there is not a lot of pluses to stay with BT any more. I am out of contract and will be looking at other, cheaper options.

Chris.
0 Ratings