cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 261 of 277

Re: BT Cloud

Thank you for the reply Michael. Do I go via Broadband  --> "Message Us" (I'm getting no response when clicking the  box) or "Ask the BT Community". More directly, how do I get a ticket?   Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 262 of 277

@Abbey999 

If the Message Us option isn't responding, the best option would be to give the team a call. If explain to the guide that you speak to what is happening, they'd raise the ticket for you.

Michael

0 Ratings
Message 263 of 277

Re: BT cloud closing.

I contacted bt chat to complain about them closing bt cloud and informing them that I had to pay £40 to a professional to download my data as I was unable to do so. I was told the cloud was closing down due to lack of use by bt customers. I would like to see their figures to support that claim. I was then told that bt might introduce a new bt cloud which will be charged for which I was flabbergasted by as why introduce a new cloud when the old one wasn't being used. Somewhere lies are being told by bt.

0 Ratings
Message 264 of 277

Re: BT cloud closing.

That has to be the biggest pile of **bleep** I've heard. Exactly that, why close it for lack of use then re-open a charged one. That makes no sense!

Message 265 of 277

Bt aren't interested in helping their customers. I have to pay £40 to have a professional download my cloud data and then not all of it could be downloaded. I have been told by bt that they may re introduce a cloud service but will have to pay. Lots of bt lies being told.

0 Ratings
Message 266 of 277

Re: BT Cloud is closing

I have been told by bt chat that they might bring in a payed for cloud. Why would they do that if the hadn't lied about lack of use 

0 Ratings
Message 267 of 277

Re: Downloading cloud files on a laptop

Hello @Lentigo

Welcome to the community. 

I have sent you a private message. 

Speak soon, 

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 268 of 277

Hi Peter, a delayed update as to where I'm at - Each time I tried to download, it wouldn't go to BT Cloud file, or initially anywhere, although it was trying to select an area on my drive, so I thought let it go there, but for it to then say it can't go there because it is already in use. Select another location, but it wouldn't let me do that.

After even more checks, I found that BT Cloud was still installed on my wife's phone, I deleted this.

I also found in finder on my Mac that there had been created the locations where the cloud was trying to donwload to but wouldn't, I deleted those.

With everything associated with BT Cloud deleted from Phones/computers, I reinstalled BT Cloud and attempted a further download. It set up a BT Cloud folder in finder but would not go there. The only place I could get it to go to was Downloads. I have managed to download Approx 120GB onto 2 computers (not enough space for all on one device).

I mentioned previously that my storage was showing 191GB used, counting them up came to about 213GB. When I checked it again, as mentioned, it was still showing 191GB used but added together only came to 111GB. A lot of missing data!!! Now it doesn't even state how much data there is.

My daughter asked if I had checked in the bin. I looked and there is 4 folders, together they account for 86.7GB, my missing video/photos. These 4 files mysteriously went into the bin on 10/09/24, the day after uploading to the cloud was stopped at about 23:11 hours. I have clicked on "Restore", for a while it appears to go through the motions of doing something, but after a while it stops and comes up with an error occurred message. How am I supposed to recover that data, any suggestions?

Thanks Nick

0 Ratings
Message 269 of 277

Hello @Nick1878

I would love to see if I can get this looked into further for you. 

Please check your inbox. 

Katie

0 Ratings
Message 270 of 277

Can I make a suggestion.

If, as BT asserts, there are very few users of Cloud then the best way to get their data back to users is for BT to purchase 256GB USB sticks. These are about £10 in 1-off quantities, so would be much cheaper in 100-off.

Then BT copies each user's files onto one or more of these sticks and posts these off to us poor users. Even with The Post Office's outrageous cost of stamps I estimate that this would be perhaps an average of £15 per user.

Results: happy users, the USB sticks can be reused, support costs significantly reduced, reduced risk of legal nightmares come November 1st

I admit I don't know if there exist autofeed apparatus for USB sticks.

Given the nightmares many of us had with BT Cloud over the years - I have expunged the memories to maintain my sanity - this seems an elegant solution and I recommend it. It might eevn get some goodwill back.

[Some may with to insert "/s" in this posting.]