cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 215

Re: BT Cloud is closing

I think you just need to get cracking on!

I looked for something similar but I don’t think BT are signed up to some of these places where you can sync between 2 different providers…

If you have any of it locally then just put on a memory stick - might link the actual amount of downloading you’ll need to do?
0 Ratings
Message 82 of 215

Still waiting for the world class comms team at BT to actually tell me, a paying customer, via a direct communication that BT Cloud is closing, rather than through a customer forum I may or may not frequent.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 83 of 215

@stereohaven wrote:

Still waiting for the world class comms team at BT to actually tell me, a paying customer, via a direct communication that BT Cloud is closing, rather than through a customer forum I may or may not frequent.

Keep in mind that according to their T&Cs  BT only need to give 30 days notice regarding the closure on 31st October 2024 which would mean as long as they inform you at some point up to 1st October 2024 they are still out side that period.

I would however take it as read that the closure will be happening and that you should make provisions to either move your data or be prepared to lose it.

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 215

Re: Is BT Cloud closing?

Well, it's goodbye BT - hello to a new Provider as a result of the BT Cloud announcement. ENDEX.

Message 85 of 215

Yep, I'm open to new providers now. The cloud storage service was one of the main reasons I decided to stay with BT.

Maybe anyone reading this can also advise on alternative cloud providers. E.g. where's the cheapest place to get 1TB cloud storage ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Message 86 of 215

@chris-leeds 

In case you are not aware it is against forum rules to discuss alternative providers deals on the forum. 

0 Ratings
Message 87 of 215

@stereohaven   

Don’t worry, you’ll get an email soon enough.

Mine came through a couple of days ago.

And to be fair there are some useful links that make the downloading straightforward. And explain what needs to be done etc.

For some, if the original backed up local files hadn’t been deleted to save space etc, there maybe no need to download.

But if a download is needed then of course it may take some considerable time at 7MB/s  or so. But then again we’ve got till end October to sort it haven’t we?

Message 88 of 215

Closure of BT Cloud

Can anyone recommend a cheap cloud data storage solution, seeing that BT cloud is closing , Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 89 of 215

@Distinguished Sage

In case you are not aware it is against forum rules to discuss alternative providers deals on the forum. 

The poster was not asking about an alternative provider as BT Cloud if a free service which is being discontinued. They are just asking for recommendations of a service that BT doesn't provide. Surely that's not against the rules?

What's sauce for the goose ....

Message 90 of 215

Re: Closure of BT Cloud

Currys do a service for £150 for 3 years with 4TB of storage.

0 Ratings