cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

BT Email About Xbox Game Pass Subscription Stopping Scam?

I’ve got Game Pass Ultimate though BT as part of my broadband package. I’ve had several issue with billing since September but this was all sorted out last month. 
However, I received an email this morning (see attached image), purporting to be from BT saying that my subscription would be stopped due to fraudulent activity. I checked my product on My BT and it says the subscription is active and will renew on 29/02/2024 but it doesn’t show on my bill for this month. I still have access to Game Pass so is this just a scam email trying to get me to use a dodgy link to change my?

I assume the failure to spell account properly (“acocunt”) is a bit of a giveaway but I’ve had plenty of issues with  BT to suggest it might be real.

Thanks,

Tony

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Email About Xbox Game Pass Subscription Stopping Scam?

Hi @Tonyt1977,

Thank you for posting. The spelling error is a bit of a red flag. If you send me your details, I can take a look at your account just to make sure everything is okay with the Game Pass.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings