cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Parental Controls broken

My BT broadband parental control is suddenly broken for more than 1 week now. I have BT Fibre with Smart Hub 2. This seems same problem than many BT customers have posted here. Any changes in parental control settings results in email confirmation to BT account that settings have been changed - be it adding website to blocked list or adding website groups in filter, but none of the changes become effective, even after hours. I have now exhausted calling BT Tech support, Message option etc. Every time same repeated info of checking device network config for DHCP and Auto DNS address etc. which are all compliant to BT's recommendations. In fact parental control used to work perfectly, all of a sudden it was inaccessible showing some maintenance going on, and then all stopped working. BT Hub DNS settings are 81.139.56.100 and 81.139.57.100, which anyway can't be changed. I am desperate to get this sorted as I have young children at home using device and frustrated that no one in BT Tech support seem to have a clue how to fix this, which supposedly should be a fairly simple one. I have seen numerous BT customers saying BT moderator apparently fixed their issue. This is a desperate plea, can any BT moderator please fix my issue? Many thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls broken

Hi @mrinal

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with Parental Controls.  I appreciate the time you have spent on the phone trying to get this sorted out.

You can get in touch with us and we will give you a hand from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robbie,

Really appreciate for getting back quickly. Just to add that I have responded to your private message with my details. I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Mrinal

Message 4 of 4

0 Ratings