cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BT WiFi app?

Go to solution

Hi everyone, I note the BT WiFi service has moved across to EE WiFi. The BT WiFi website has a link to their app that I used to use on my old iPhone, but the app is no longer available and EE don’t seem to have a replacement.

How does automatic login work for EE WiFi if there’s no app available with the profile to install?

Cheers.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT WiFi app?

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I have already read this document and it mentions nothing regarding the app, even though it is shown on the BT website?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I'm still using the BT wi-fi app, hasn't let me down yet.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Does this help? It seems things have changed around for BT WiFi as part of the changeover to EE WiFi  https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/EE-WiFi-Auto-on-SH2-in-place-of-BTWifi-X/t...

Message 6 of 11

Go to solution
It will disappear when you update the os
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

The App has been discontinued, and you will have to log in every time with EE. What a farce! BT’s customary treatment of its customers again!

Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Just a joke. Sat in a village connected to an Ee, repeatedly having to login when the wifi drops very annoying.

Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
"How does automatic login work for EE WiFi if there’s no app available with the profile to install?"

It doesn't - you have to login to your BT account every time you want to connect to an EE hotspot. It's called progress in BT/EE speak!
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

No good for iOS users but if you are on EE for mobile and using Android, automatic login to EE WIFI-X still appears to work if you authenticate using your SIM.