cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: BT WiFi app?

Go to solution

Hi everyone, thanks for replying. It’s ridiculous that you have to sign in manually each time now. Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

Many thanks for this thread  which I found while searching for   the BTwi fi app hotspots  problem

I have upgraded  my android  phone and  transferred the  BTWiFi app from the old phone and tried it  but  it refused to connect saying  'server problems'!!

I note in the google play store there is  no BTwifi app showing  so dare I ask just how do we  log into BTwi  on android  phone  when out and about?  If   EE is  powered By BT as  per  the EE adverts where has the app gone??I note  something  sponsored  called   Portable WiFi   hotspots WiFi   from Pion Tech ;has anyone  tried it ?  And   where is the BTwifi asp now? What is its replacement??

Of interest on my (very)old phone which has  not updated for many years  as it cannot anymore I can log into the btwi fi app but I gather  that that only happens as   the app has   not  been  wiped out by the  update so still works!!; 

So which app do we now use  to   get  BT wi fi hotspots when out??

Message 13 of 22

Go to solution
"So which app do we now use to get BT wi fi hotspots when out??"

There now is no App. Instead you have to login to your BT or EE account every time you want to use an EE (not BT anymore) hotspot. BT seems to want to mess everything up as it forces all residential customers to migrate to EE
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

I have continued to use the BT wifi app without a problem.  But I have not got a new phone and I do not seem able to transfer the app to it.

There does not seem to be a new app.  My log in does not work on the EE one.

I did managed to log in to EE wifi but it was so much easier just clicking on the app to log in,

And it used to notify any available wifi, so you could drive down the street and find a target house.  I have a friend who lives in a not spot village, so it was really handy there.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

Surely they could allow the BT log in to work on the EE app.  

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

I used to automatically connect to Tesco WiFi at our local store but that is no more. That explains why BT WiFi app does not show Tesco as a hotspot.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

That's pretty darn poor. The BT Wifi app worked fairly well (not without its problems) but logging in again and again is a step back in time. Come on BT, get it together!

Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

BT have just announced ending the BT Cloud, so you will have to pay someone [else] again for back up.

I strongly suspect that even if you are a  long suffering BT customer, unless you also get your mobile service from EE, use of their Wi-Fi network,  which runs in BT routers that their customers are paying for, that BT will make the use chargeable. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution
They did for a short time.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

If BT made the wifi that they steal from people's home hub chargeable, I will simply switch mine off.  I do not use it as much now I have a lot of data on my mobile phone, but the bt wifi can still be useful in some not spots where the phone does not work.

0 Ratings