cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Wifi Opting Out

I want to opt out of BT Wifi but am having problems doing it.  We have recently moved address and have a new BT Smart Hub up and running.  At our last address I was able to opt out of BT wi-fi by calling BT and they were able to do it whilst I was on the phone.  By the next day our router was no longer broadcasting the BT wi-fi signal, which is what I wanted, and it remained like that until we moved.  When we got the new hub up and running at our new address I noticed there was a very strong BT wifi signal so I assumed that I needed to opt out again to turn the signal off.  I checked the instructions on the BT webpage "How do I opt out of BT Wi-fi?" but when I logged into My BT and Manage BT wifi webpage  I am only given the option of signing up to BT Wifi.  So I rang the BT helpline to find out how I opt out of BT Wifi again and to get the signal turned off.  I had a very frustrating half hour call with 2 helpline assistants who didn't seem to understand what I was requesting.  One of them finally told me that what I was asking for was not possible - she said they could only turn off my entire Wi-fi signal, they couldn't just turn off the BT Wifi.  I am sure this was incorrect information as I was able to opt out before and BT's own website gives instructions for this (although I am not able to use these instructions as they dont correspond to what I see when I follow them). Can anyone tell me how I get the BT Wifi signal switched off from our new BT Hub?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Wifi Opting Out

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi-

You may have to opt in and then opt out.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Wifi Opting Out

Thank you for the reply.  I've just tried to do this.  I ticked the "I agree with BT Wi-fi terms and conditions" box and then clicked on the "Set up now" button.  The page changed and the three purple, red and blue egg timer dots jumped up and down for a few seconds and then it just went back to the previous page with no indication that anything had changed. I did this several times with the same result. Weird. I don't know what to do next except phone them again.
0 Ratings