cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

New customer, Xbox game pass missing despite getting email

Go to solution

Hello, 

1st time customer here, just had the broadband and tv installed today. I was promised 12 months free xbox game pass and have also since received the email to say I can claim it. 

However as instructed I go to MYBT (on desktop), then products, however there is nothing there to do with xbox? 
I have tried looking everywhere on my account to find an option to activate it, but it seems like its just missing...

Does anyone have any experience with this? 

Thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: New customer, Xbox game pass missing despite getting email

Go to solution

Hi @Worlely Based on previous reports surrounding this type of issue, it would seem that if the Content Partner tile does not appear under Your Products in MyBT (via the web, not the App), then there are a few things that can cause this.

Do you see multiple account numbers when logged in, in the top-right corner drop-down menu? If so, a Forum Mod can likely have this removed for you. This is probably unlikely in your scenario if you are brand new to BT and haven't had it in the past and come back.

Some people have also found that although the email says it's available straight away, it sometimes take anything up to 14 days from broadband activation to appear. I guess it's maybe working on the cooling-off period.

If you haven't already, you can also try searching the Forum for Content Partner and you'll probably find any further potential issues/fixes.

But yeah, in theory, it should be there as soon as you get that email. I guess there is some system issue at BT's side causing a delay.

Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @He-Man , thanks very much for the relpy.

I can confirm that there are no multiple account numbers, only just the one. 

i have tried the search for 'content partner' however nothing comes up with anything useful for that either. 

I can only assume that despite they said I can activate it, its just not actually been added onto the account yet. I might just wait the 14 days and if still nothing I'll have to contact support. 

Appreciate the reply!

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

You need to check MYBT and ensure order is marked as completed and also you need to have paid your first month's bill.  It can then take a few days for 'content partners' to appear in MY BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.