cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Parental controls not working

We switched up to fibre a couple of weeks ago and parental controls are now not working despite being switched on. Never had an issue with this before fibre. Pls can you advise? Thanks! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Parental controls not working

Hi @MarkSlade

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having with Parental Controls.  We'll be able to double check what's causing the hiccup and help straighten everything out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robbie / support team

We have an issue also with iOS 17 devices, in Safari Private browsing, the Parental controls are completely bypassed, so no content filter and blacklisted sites load, which is an issue for us with 2 children. I have seen a crappy workaround: wifi settings on the iOS wifi settings - 'Limit IP Address Tracking' - by turning this off, it does reinstate the Parental Controls but my children will just fiddle with this and find a way out.

Please can you help me resolve this, I'm it will be an issue for many parents, maybe they have not yet noticed this problem with the parental controls. Hoping you can help me find a way to place some protection on our router please.
I explored the OpenDNS route but BT hub 2 does not allow manual DNS entry. I have also looked at other third party solutions that I could install / control at the router level, but no luck. Maybe Aura, but not clear whether we can in the UK sign up?

We have Fibre2.

Many thanks
Cloud
Message 4 of 4

Hi @cloudfury,

I've tried replicating it myself but it seems to be working ok for me.

I'd like to look into this for you and find out what's happening exactly.

I'll send you a private message that you can reply back to my team through.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings