cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 23

Re: BT Cloud 22.12.33 not working

Hi all, sorry for the long message, hope it helps

Dave from BT Cloud team contacted me, I confirmed that I had tried uninstall, reboot,reinstall (done several times and no change) also deleted BT Cloud folders, asked me to activate logging and they would get back to me unfortunately missed this call back. I checked logs and it seems failure was due to a corruption, it was trying to back up a file version it had already backed up. Tried deleting file from cloud and moved to non backed up folder on laptop but still failing. Email from Cloud team suggested uninstalling and then deleting BT Cloud App Data and Publisher folders, reboot and reinstall, this time I got a log in to BT Cloud screen but entering BT id / password got another error. Rebooted laptop tried again, this time it logged in and I had to set up all the folders to back up , luckily had saved a screen shot when it first broke. It now seems to be backing up files again though after a few hours some files still had not updated. Looks like it maybe checking all folders and files, so will check again later.

Also when logging into BT Cloud web page still get error message UN01 selected "sign in" from drop down "v" failed again but a few more clicks on "sign in" finally let me in

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Hi @NeilO 

Can I have access to BTCloud version 22.12.11 if this will provide an interim solution to the outage issue.

The solutions thus far do not work; I have been concentrating on browser access and will try this old version if provided.

Please advise, many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 23

Hi Everyone, 

Please accept my apologies for the problems you're experiencing with the BT Cloud service at the moment. Please be assured that the Cloud team are looking into this and as soon as we have any updates we will post back here. 

I've merged the two threads to make this easier to follow and keep all the reports in one place. 

Thanks

Neil

Message 4 of 23

@NeilO 

What's the compensation we should expect here? I assume I'm within my rights to cancel my contract without charge given the inability to deliver this service? It's a production outage of a live end user service. Akin to losing any of the other services that BT provide, TV, Broadband, Phone etc. This feels distinctly 2nd class. BT should be fixing this in hours, not days or weeks. It's deplorable.

Regards,

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 23

I emailed a complaint to BT about this yesterday. No response from them so far. The link to complain can be found on their webpage if anyone wants to use it. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 23

How much longer will it take to resolve this problem? This really shouldn't be happening in a big company..... especially a tech one
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 23

BT Cloud seems to have a continual rolling sequence of problems, and has done for several years. When I first installed it it was on a Windows 8.1 PC. That worked fine for some months, and then a new version of the App came out and that PC would no longer work even after uninstalling and reinstalling the App.

I had another Windows 8.1 PC on which I installed that new version. That worked for a few months and then another update stopped it working. On this occasion is coincided with an update that Microsoft made to Windows so I was unable to establish whether it was Windows or the App that caused the failure.

As I had plenty of disk space in this second PC, and Windows 10 had got through its initial bugfest, I dual booted that PC with 8.1 and 10 and the Windows 10 system worked with the particular version of the App at that time. However, after a few more months and another update to the App the Windows 10 installation showed the same problems.

I had another Windows 10 PC which I tried and that went through a similar phase of working and then not working.

Next I did a complete reinstall of Windows 8.1 on my oldest PC that wouldn't run Windows 10. The current version of the App at that time worked on that system for a while.

Unfortunately, I am now running low on PCs on which to try it. I have a Windows 11 PC, that I might try, but I am not impressed with the reliability of BT Cloud as an ongoing service.

Fortunately, I don't use BT Cloud as a daily service, but with the reasonably large storage capacity included with my broadband package, I use the Cloud as an offsite archive for my photos and family videos and various relatively low security data storage in case of fire or theft at home. High security information such as bank details etc I carry around in encrypted form in a pendrive in my key case as well as keeping copies in a couple of safes.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 23

Same issue here over several days.

Been using Windows 11 with it for well over a year and all has worked fine until a few days ago so cannot be windows 11.

Also it makes no difference which platform I use. Same result-no access.

Surely there is another issue here as the entire contents of my laptop is backed up on BT Cloud and I now cant view or access it so surely there is a GDPR issue here??

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 23

@NeilO 

Is there any update on this please?  It's actually an urgent issue for those of us who use this in their work everyday.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 23

Hi  NeilO

Whilst I appreciate your apology for the ongoing problems we're not getting any feedback as to what the tech people think the problem is or how long they think it's going to take to put it right.

We're customers of BT because we trust that we are getting a good product with  good aftercare and we're trusting you with documents that we might need daily access to.   For me BT Cloud hasn't been available for over a week, surely your engineers are capable enough to have made real progress to getting this fixed.

Please, just let us know what happening, keep us updated, it's the not knowing that is the worst bit.

Thanks.

0 Ratings