cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Re: Norton

Go to solution

hello sorry for being a bit think on this matter ..... i already have norton on 3 pc's and since its coming to an end in 20 days  ,i thought i'd get it from bt , i followed the instructions  , logged in to my bt account downloaded N-BT  it prompted me to uninstall / reinstall then asked me to log in to N-BT ,so my first question is do i sign in with  my soon to expire account login details or do i create a new account   2nd question if i have to create a new account do i have to use my bt login ............ i did do the first but at the bottom it said RENEW as your cover will expire in 20 days 

or should i just wait until it expires 

i have read on other forums that you cannot delete a norton account at all, people have contacted them and the answer they get is no sorry .one guy looked into it and found one of his accounts was not used since 2007  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Go to solution

@welshgit Thanks for posting, it sounds like something has gone wrong with the uninstall process of your previous Norton software, you don't need to sign in after downloading BT Virus powered by Norton. 

1. Log in to My BT using the BT ID username and password with Account Holder status.
    To check the status, view Your Account details (hover over My BT to view the menu)
  2. Select Your Security in the top menu bar
  3. Scroll down to BT Virus Protect
  4. If you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate
    If you are an existing BT Virus Protect customer, select Switch to Norton
  5. The status will change to Manage
  6. Select Manage to go to the My Norton portal, where you can start installing BT Virus Protect

You will be asked to agree to an End User License Agreement (EULA) and start the download. At this point, you can also send a link that will enable you to install BT Virus Protect on other devices.

We recommend you only have one version of security software on your computer.

During the installation process, BT Virus Protect powered by Norton will detect any other anti-virus software (including BT Virus Protect powered by McAfee) on your device and offer to uninstall it for you.

If you prefer, you can uninstall it yourself. For the best performance, we recommend uninstalling all files and browser extensions related to your old anti-virus software.

Remove a non-Norton security product from your computer

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Go to solution

after 3 days of trying it seems to have finally worked , it kept on reverting back  my own account that had not quite run out ...fingers crossed