cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Apple TV trial

@Johannis if it's not a Pro Box, it probably doesn't support AppleTV and you'll need to contact BT for. Pro Box. Alternatively, check your app store for the TV to see if AppleTV is available as a download. 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

@NigelB72 

Because ‘trial’ has several meanings here on the Community, one of which is the sort of trial that comes with an NDA, and it wasn’t clear to me at first which sort of trial @Johannis was talking about.

We have had several instances lately of people talking about such trials on here when they shouldn’t; I wanted to ensure that if this was one such, the discussion stopped forthwith.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 18

Thanks to you both. I think the upshot of this is that I don’t have the requisite box or tv. A suspicious man might think by had only pushed it my way knowing that the box I had would need upgrading?

Again, thanks for your time @NigelB72  @Midnight_Voice 

Message 14 of 18

I believe that some of the confusion here has arisen because the thread ought to have been called Apple TV + trial. All EETV customers are entitled to a free 3 month trial of Apple TV + and this explains why @Midnight_Voice  is not aware of it.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

AppleTV isn't a trial and isn't subject to an NDA. I'm fully aware of what a trial is and what an NDA consists of so try not to be so condisending when other users are asking for help.

I'm not currently a BT TV customer but had been for many years and I was part of the testing panel and I still am. I'm an Openreach tester and a BT/EE product tester. So I am fully aware of what is covered and what isn't covered by an NDA and what apps and subscriptions are and are not available...

FYI I am also a former BT employee and part of my role was testing and training out new products. So I reiterate, that I am fully aware of what an NDA is 

The BT community forum isn't a place to try and be superior to others, it's a place to help and give advice.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@Johannis 

They well might 😛

But I have now found this:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/learn-about-tv/channels-and-packages/get-free-apple-tv#:~:text=Apple%20TV....

and I think it does make clear what BT/EE devices you can get it on, and where to check whether you can get it on any other devices you may have, or not.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

@NigelB72 

Agreed. Something we should all bear in mind.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

There has been a BT  offer around for a few months

this thread message 21 is helpful

https://community.bt.com/t5/EE-TV-YouView/Apple-TV-is-available-free-of-charge-for-three-months-to-t...

0 Ratings