cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT TV Box Pro All channels, guide and recordings gone

Go to solution

Switched on tonight to find that the guide was unpopulated with channels. Recordings would not play. Internet connected via wired connection OK. All settings present. You view showing top left. Iplayer, netflix all work ok

Tried searching for channels, none found . Unhid 150 hidden channels then all disappeared. 

Tried unplugging power for hard restart no channels found. Button restart no change.

Possible cause? Router factory reset remotely by technician following 20 plus disconnection in the network ( not the home) All router settings restored and rest of home IT working normally now.

Would be grateful for any advice on how to restore recordings and live TV. Is the tuner damaged?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT TV Box Pro All channels, guide and recordings gone

Go to solution

Hi @dephead2004 Thanks for posting, I'm sorry you're having problems with your BT TV box. Can you try these steps to reset the box?

1. Switch power off by removing the power cable
  2. Press and hold the reset button on the right-hand side of the box
  3. Plug the power cable back in whilst still holding the reset button – continue to hold the reset button down, do not release it yet
  4. Within three seconds press and hold the power button on the front of the box and hold both buttons
  5. Release both buttons a few seconds after the BT logo appears on the TV screen

Let me know if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO I have done this reset I called it the button reset.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@dephead2004 No worries, I wanted to make sure that had been tried. Can you go to settings, select software information, then update? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Had no channel guide information. Just unplugged and restarted,You View.....then back to normal.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Brilliant that worked a treat . Thanks @NeilO . Could you explain what happened? Was this an interrupted software update? A SU that didn't did what it was supposed to do?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @dephead2004 No problem, I'm glad that worked. It was most likely caused by the broadband dropouts you experienced. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings