cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 91 of 97

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

I really don't believe this.

As I have already stated, for me, this only happened when watching live Sky HD broadcasts from th EPL (it may have occurred on other live broadcasts, but I tend to only watch the football). After months of chasing Sky/Now over this, the problem stopped occurring. BUT now, since BT has become TNT/Discovery, it now happens on the BT EPL HD live streams (it doesn't appear to happen on the SD channels). This is more than frustrating. Surely someone knows what is being put in the feed when it goes to ad breaks and returns?

0 Ratings
Message 92 of 97

Re: BTTV colours going odd (grey green and pink hues) power down and restart needed. Box on the way

Go to solution

OK, so it's end of season - BUT is there a chance this can be looked at/fixed before next season starts?

0 Ratings
Message 93 of 97

Go to solution

I've just had this issue, again. If it only happens while watching the live sport channels, that's something I hadn't noticed before. I've just had to turn the box off during 2 recordings, therefore ruining both programs. I've only noticed it since the branding changeover to EE. Box is a Sagemcom RTIW387. Utterly fed up of this, I've had five boxes and not one has worked correctly. Sadly I can't afford to get a dish on my 2nd floor flat, so I'm stuck with it unless I cancel completely. 

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 97

Go to solution

Hi All,

After having this problem for ages and a change of the old Humax DTR box I switched to the BT Pro box at the end of 2023 and then to full fibre and the problem has never occurred on the BT Pro unit.  Not sure if it is still an option to upgrade for free but it worked for me.

One other tip was posted earlier that you don't need a complete hard reset to restore the picture to the right colours.  I used this method with the old box when the issue happened and its much quicker and you don't lose current recordings.

'Go to the TV settings on the youview box (set normally to 1080p) and change that setting to 1080i - it then appears to send something to the TV and ask if you want to keep the setting - say no to that and stay on 1080p and the picture reverts to normal without a reboot'

Message 95 of 97

Go to solution

@MartinJSUK 

If you can’t get this fixed, then Sky Glass doesn’t need a dish.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but not quite yet an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 96 of 97

Go to solution

Thanks, but my perception is that Sky Glass doesn't work well for sports channels unfortunately. Maybe I just need to outgrow them?

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 97

Go to solution

@MartinJSUK Glass is just the product name for the TV. The TV itself is a budget model but Stream is brilliant. Buy a good quality QLED or OLED TV and get Stream if you're thinking of going down that route. We'll have to stop discussing other providers products though as it's against the rules but the other provider does have their own forum with lots of friendly people active on it. You'll be able to get more information there 👌🏻

0 Ratings