cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Box Pro Volume

Has anybody ever got to the bottom of why the TV Box Pro audio volume comes through so low relative to other sources and how to fix it?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Box Pro Volume

@chrispw1 

I don’t know why it’s like that on the Pro box, but you fix it with a setting on your TV to make all sources arrive at the same volume.

If you can’t find it, tell us the make and model of your TV, and somebody here will probably know.

On my LG C2, it’s Select [All Settings] → [Sound] → [Advanced Custom Settings] → [Auto Volume Control], so that’s the sort of place you should look, on your likely different TV.

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
Message 3 of 6

It's a Sony XR-55A80L - I have set the Input Volume for the relevant HDMI  input to Max and it is still way quieter than the in built apps and tuner.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@chrispw1 

https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/kaep1/v1/en/01-03-09_06.html?hl=volume

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Unfortunately these options are greyed out for me as I have an external amp (rather than using the TV sound). I can't connect the box through the amp is it has no pass through just a single eARC HDMI.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@chrispw1 

That’s weird, as it’s a setting that is as equally applicable to audio out over eARC as it is to the internal speakers.

But then my opinion of Sony TVs is rather one of regret; indubitably the best picture anywhere, but let down by absolutely everything else 😢

Try setting the TV back to internal speakers for a moment, which should ungrey this setting and let you change it, and see what the effect is on the Pro box relative volume.

If it’s good, go back to eARC and see if it remains effective.

Crossed fingers that Sony don’t quite know how to design their UI 😛

0 Ratings