cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88U

Go to solution

@brookheather I did mention I had a couple of beers 😂

No dramas, thanks for the great information. So would the Cloud Gateway Max work fine with the U7-Pro I have ordered or will I still need the POE Injector? 

Thanks for the info, the Ubiquiti gear looks amazing!

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 

Thanks for that post that is incredibly useful information. When I have some proper time I will go over this. The Ubiquiti gear looks brilliant!

Thanks again all, appreciate the help!

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 108

Go to solution

Neither the ultra or max has POE output so you’ll need an injector like the one I mentioned. Expectation is you’ll buy a UniFi POE switch.

Do you really want the max, the ultra is going to do what you need I’m sure.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 108

Go to solution

If you really want to use the 2.5Gb connections on the U7 Pro then you would want the Cloud Gateway Max (still need PoE injectors) otherwise the Cloud Gateway Ultra would be fine but would be better combined with the U6 Pro using a gigabit connection.  You could add a Lite 8 PoE switch which will give you 4 gigabit PoE ports to power the APs.

Go to solution

I cant think of too many residential scenarios where 2.5Gb uplinks on WIFI APs are required but if you want to go all out then do it, but its alot of extra money for the Max, which I guess would have more a use case if you ever got 1.6Gb fibre and wanting that sort of throughput all at once to a single device.

My LAN switching is all 2.5Gb, my router isnt though but then I only need the 2.5 internally, unless of course I went for 1.6Gb fibre which I have no interest in until they increase the upload bandwidth. So you can get a 1Gb router but have a 2.5Gb switch off it etc....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 108

Go to solution

I've been to the inlaws today and had a chance to run wireshark while the EE TV Pro box was on.
So, by default IGMP snooping is already "enabled", and I was able to see the box joining singing onto streams, and the IPTV settings on the router are still set to their defaults.  *It's still worth doing the homework to look at what IGMP actually is, as it's often misunderstood.  So the relevant settings are near identical to my own network!

Their install:
EE TV Pro box installed fully reset - fresh out of the box.
Asus Router plugged directly into ONT (no digital voice) and no double NAT
No modifications whatsoever made to the DNS settings.
In fact the only settings made were for the BT service un/pass and router admin un/pass

Historically I've seen IPTV boxes that configured differently on first boot, depending on the router having download limits.  If the user then changed from a plan with limits (and IPTV settings) to a plan without download limits (no IPTV settings), it was necessary to FULLY reset the IPTV box.

*I'm concerned that our OP is spending a considerable amount of cash unnecessarily!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 57 of 108

Go to solution

@Crimliar Yeah no way was it ‘just working’ dude.

*I'm concerned that our OP is spending a considerable amount of cash unnecessarily!

This started before the first post when spending £300 on a router if you ask me. On a few occasions I’ve mentioned to stop and take stock of what is required but seems frivolous 😂

OP’s money. I can only do so much.

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 108

Go to solution

@Crimliar  Thanks so much for this info I really appreciate the support! I tried resetting everything and it just would not work!!!

I know I have spent a few quid, but I am a yolo  kind of person! We’re not talking thousands here are we!!!

So just a quick update, ordered the Ubiquiti Cloud Gateway Ultra, U7-Pro and the 8 Port Poe Lite switch. Switch turns up tomorrow so got the Poe injector just to get going today!

Cancelled the Max as it was a little overkill as suggested by pretty much everyone! 

The Gateway is installed, UP7 installed and working beautifully! IP6023 error 😂

if I connect the BT hub it works fine but obviously double Nat issues! Been playing Warzone and it’s working great! Will take a look at the TV issues tomorrow! By the way, that Ubiquiti stuff is lovely!!! 

@brookheather @thanks for the suggestions! Really nice gear just need help to get it setup ! 

Will be sorting out some returns tomorrow 😂

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 108

Go to solution

I don’t know how far you’ve got but if you have the Gateway installed you need to turn the multicast stuff on still.

https://help.ui.com/hc/en-us/articles/14957610078615-UniFi-Gateway-IGMP-Proxy-IPTV

Yeah, UniFi stuff is kinda the Apple of net gear.

Message 60 of 108

Go to solution

I don't think there's any issue with IGMP Snooping but the router's inability to handle multicast transmissions.

From my understanding IGMP Snooping is just the method that's used to send the multicast transmission to the requesting port and if it doesn't work then that transmission is sent to all ports so potentially flooding the network.

My son had a Netgear switch installed in front of his BT TV box that didn't support IMP Snooping and when he was watching BT Sport his net work was killed by the flooding. I switched the Netgear switch to a TP-Link one that supported IGMP and everything was fine after that.