cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88U

Go to solution

@TimCurtis I have the IGMP enabled under the professional tab for both 2.4 and 5g connections for wifi. 

I have tried it on both LAN and WIFI and I get the same error. IPC6023

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 108

Go to solution

Kinda bizarre he got audio and no picture at one point....

Looking at this: [Wireless Router] How to set up IPTV on ASUS router? | Official Support | ASUS UK

......it mentions there you can select a port on the router, this is in effect what I did on my ER-X, just choose a LAN port and connect the IPTV to that via ethernet? Does that work?

Setting a LAN port I think disables multicast routing but then going to a single port in theory its not required as its not One to Many.

AFAIK on this router and other ASUS routers you can choose multiple ports for IPTV but each one has to have a direct connection to the box itself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 23 of 108

Go to solution

This is how it is set at the moment. I have tried all versions of IGMP, enabled fast leave and also tried the RFC3442 under the DHCP routes as well.

I don't have a switch or anything else inbetween the Box Pro and the router, I have tried specifying the port and connecting it via cable to LAN port 1 but same error. 

2.4.PNG5.PNGiptv.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 108

Go to solution

Going to ask a super dumb question, sorry.

Your ASUS is connected directly to the ONT right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 Hi, yes it is connected directly to the ONT on the wall. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 108

Go to solution

Man I don’t know.

Post over on the ASUS forums. I can confirm that the only thing to get it working is a basic IGMP proxy.

For now I would disable any WiFi IGMP stuff and connect to Ethernet, reset the IPTV tab to defaults then just setup using the one port of your choice and tell the router that. Save those settings then restart the ONT then the router.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 108

Go to solution

@djayyy 

When I last had BT TV with my Asus I disabled Multicast routing as the Asus guides recommend. These were my settings that worked.Obviously more settings available now.

TimCurtis_0-1721645153533.png

Message 28 of 108

Go to solution

Kinda weird he doesnt have the snooping option for the LAN settings like you do @TimCurtis , surely it applies to wired and WIFI.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 108

Go to solution

Just different terminology but it's there on both.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 108

Go to solution

Educate me, whats the same setting on both for snooping?

0 Ratings