cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 108

Re: EETV Not working With New Asus Router RT-BE88U

Go to solution

@naylor2006 

The OP's router says "Default IGMP Version" mine says "Enable Efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP snooping).

I would assume that on the OP's there's an option to select Disable for the IGMP version. Can't be sure though as I can't find a full manual only a quick start guide.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 108

Go to solution

Yeah its here in the link I shared:

[Wireless Router] How to set up IPTV on ASUS router? | Official Support | ASUS UK

Once you enable Multicast Routing you can then select a IGMP version 1-3, 3 is backwards compatible apparently so that setting at least shouldnt matter, but you only see the IGMP setting once routing is enabled, well read that walk through and see if I'm mis interpreting it? 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 Thats correct, Once i select enable, then I have the option to choose IGMP V1-3.

I have posted on the Asus forums and someone has said 'Make sure you don’t need to manually enter a Vlan ID for it to work '

I have looked and found the below info, but when i enter this into the WAN settings the internet will not connect.vlanid.PNG

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 108

Go to solution

There is no VLAN for FTTP, only for FTTC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 35 of 108

Go to solution

@naylor2006 That explains that then thankyou!

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 108

Go to solution

Taking a glance at some of the posts in other forums on this router and similar chipsets the Multicast IPTV milage varies alot, there are numerous posts of people not getting it to work whilst others stating it 'just worked' for them with the exact same settings.

If you want a relatively cheap workaround that I can confirm works, pick up an ER-X, configure as per my post and use it as your router, then connect the Asus to it and just use that for your WIFI in Access Point mode or something.

Have you got Dual WAN disabled?

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 108

Go to solution

@djayyy 

Clearly the way your Asus works is different to mine but then mine is nearly 10 years old.

Have you tried with the multicast routing disabled by any chance?

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 108

Go to solution

@TimCurtis @naylor2006  Yes, disabled Dual Wan and yes I have tried with Multicast disabled. 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 108

Go to solution

Just a quick update to say Asus have responded basically saying all the settings look good. I have uploaded logs from the router for them to take a look at and see if they can figure out whats going on. Will give another update as soon as I have one. 

Thanks to everyone for your help thus far.

Message 40 of 108

Go to solution

This is one of the benefits or a more 'open' router, you can check your own logs but its good ASUS will look and try to discover the issue for you.

0 Ratings