cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

IPC6023

Hello

Had BT internet and TV for years, never had many issues until recently when they gave us a new Home Hub. 

Although this has helped with the internet issues, it now means I can’t watch BT/TNT Sports or SkySports as I get the IPC6023 error message…very frustrating. 

Any ideas why this might be and a fix for the issue? Have done all the things suggested on help page with no joy. 

Thanks in advance 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: IPC6023

Hi @liddle87, welcome to the forum and sorry you're getting this error code.
When you say you've tried the help page is this What do the BT TV error codes mean? | BT Help and you've followed the step by step guide for this error code?

How is your tv connected to the the BT Hub? If you're using powerline adapters can you connect via Ethernet cable for testing purposes?

When did the error start?

Does it affect any other internet based channels or is Sport the only channels you've subscribed too that are provided over the internet?
Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi John

Thanks for replying!

Yes, followed the step by step guide mentioned but with no joy.

Internet connection for the BT TV box is via powerline adapters, haven't tried connect another device thus far however all apps (plus my Samsung TV apps) all work fine - it is just the TNT and SkySports channels that receive the error message.

It start after I was sent a new BT Hub; we had an engineer out as we were having speed issues. Firstly they changed the ADSL(?) socket and recommended to BT that they send a new Hub. They then had an engineer look at cabinet and the speed issues were then resolved, but now have no Sport!

Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@liddle87 The IPC6023 error can mean there is an problem with the internet connection reaching the BT TV box. The live BT TV channels work differently than other streaming apps so a reset of the mini connectors would be worth a try.

1. Make sure the Mini Connector is plugged in and the power socket is switched on
  2. Press the + (Add) on the Mini Connector for more than 15 seconds to return it to its original settings
  3. Give it a couple of minutes. If everything's okay, the Power and Data lights will come on

Reply back and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings