cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Jump to a point in a recording

Go to solution

I've got the bt pro TV box and was wondering if I can start a program from a certain point, say an hour in, without having to skip one minute at a time and see everything, which is really annoying if you're watching something like ufc. I've just left sky and you could jump to any point in a show using the voice remote. Any ideaa

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Jump to a point in a recording

Go to solution

On my T4000 BT Box, its possible to jump 10% steps by using the number Keys on the remote - then you jump 1 min per press or FF ...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

You can type a number 0 thru 9 which should take you to different  points in the recording.   Eg 0  is start , 9 is 90% thru .5 is 50%.

Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

With earlier versions of the software it was possible to jump to a specific point like 60mins by keying in the amount of minutes you wished to jump to but some bright spark thought the 10% rule was better. Unfortunately now if you pick up the remote without due care you can find you're somewhere else in the recording without a clue as to where you were before.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I usually press 1 to see where 10% takes me then work out how many 10%s will get me to get close to kick off then Skip/FF/REW the final few minutes.

(my typical use being to start watching a Champions League match at about 15 minutes past kick off then skip half time and watch the second half as close to live as I can with no talking head punditry telling me what I should be thinking about what I am about see or have just seen)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Kudos to you @zulu17 . I didn't know this feature even ex...

Go to solution

Kudos to you @zulu17 . I didn't know this feature even existed. I'll be using this from now on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Re: Kudos to you @zulu17 . I didn't know this feature even ex...

Go to solution

Nor would 99% of the users @DavidM

0 Ratings